PDA

View Full Version : Kind of new to health anxiety

chasingcalm
28-05-17, 21:54
Hello guys.

I want to share with you some things that have been going on in my life with health anxiety. I have had episodes in the past where I have diagnosed myself with awful things with the help of Dr Google (e.g. a yoga stretching injury in my shoulder led me to convince myself I was due to have a heart attack), but I have been sick for almost five weeks now and this whole time has been so unbearable.

I live in a country that is not my home country and on Apr 25 I developed what I now understand is a tonsil ulcer, and now I am beginning to believe what doctors say that this will take a long time to heal because of its location. Anyways, I basically convinced myself it was cancer and have spent weeks in bed crying. I have seen five doctors in two countries and it took a huge argument with my family members to make me see that maybe it is not cancer. I feel really terrible because it is disrespectful to people who do have cancer to think these things, and also because I have disregarded doctor's advices believing it is cancer, and I just feel like an idiot but I can't shake the idea that it is cancer even though I have had loads of tests which say otherwise.

Well guys, I guess this is the worst health anxiety time I have ever experienced and I just would like to rant really. It is very scary. Thanks.

swajj
29-05-17, 12:27
Have you seen an ENT?