PDA

View Full Version : Can dry skin near and on freckle make it raise?

helenhoo
29-05-17, 09:18
Still worrying about another freckle. This one has a patch of scaley dry skin (which i get bouts of) next to it pretty much on it. It's scaley and when i rub over the small freckle it feels raised. Can anybody relate? I'd calmed self down over last frecklegate and now this. My OH won't check it because it deeds me, but this freckle is raised and i just want confirmation or other its the dry skin rash around it.

Phuzella
29-05-17, 09:38
Yes freckles are skin and behave like non freckled skin

helenhoo
29-05-17, 17:57
I know it feels the same on the clear skin as it does on the freckle. freckles CAN get dry too can't they?

Phuzella
29-05-17, 18:26
Yes freckles are skin

helenhoo
29-05-17, 19:48
but can they raise because of a dry skin issue.

Fishmanpa
29-05-17, 21:20
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/drink/popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Positive thoughts

Phuzella
29-05-17, 21:36
Yup

helenhoo
29-05-17, 21:37
My mom has said that it feels weird because I have a dry skin patch there. Shape size and colour are the same.

Phuzella
29-05-17, 21:50
Moisturiser??

Gary A
29-05-17, 21:51
Say it with me.

Dryness affects freckles just like it affects any other part of the skin.

You asked if that was the case in your OP and this is the 4th time you've been answered.

:shrug:

helenhoo
29-05-17, 21:57
Habe put E45 on and still feels raised

Phuzella
29-05-17, 22:13
E45 is good stuff. That'll sort your dry skin both freckled and non freckled. :)

helenhoo
29-05-17, 22:24
I have a horrible feeling that 'this is it' now. How long should i leave it to recheck the raised? Everyone is getting annoyed at me.

HopelessWorrier2011
29-05-17, 23:02
I really feel for you as I know first hand how real it feels for you, I have no constructive advice though because if I did my bout of this skin anxiety would be well and truly over but unfortunately the same as you it isn't. Be kind to yourself and just acknowledge the feeling is real, instead of seeking reassurance from your oh why don't you tell him how terrified you are, explain your feelings and tell people how real it feels to you, feelings come across to people more so than symptoms I have found. I do hope you get peace from this as I know how crippling and upsetting it it x

helenhoo
29-05-17, 23:10
Thank you.

my OH doesn't understand he says its nonsense. I know where he's coming from as he had as two years of my HA. I try to explain to him that to me it's real and scary. I have had someone close to me have skin cancer (basal/squamous cell) but my skin cancer fear came only last year.

HopelessWorrier2011
29-05-17, 23:26
My dad had basal cell and I think that has a lot to do with my current anxiety surrounding the skin. Just remember to be kind to yourself and not feel a burden or foolish as I believe that heightens the anxiety further getting deeper into the cycle. You don't want to feel like this, you don't want the terror like everybody here you want to be healthy. Don't ever feel silly this is real to you! Your not putting it on. I would highly recommend seeing a therapist it's hard work and by no means an easy cure but it is a step in the right direction and somebody who is emotionally unnattached to you who is trained to listen and dissect your thoughts and fears x

helenhoo
29-05-17, 23:31
I got over a big bout of HA on my own, well with CBT links ans hobbies and was happier. I was triggered after reading an article online and found self checking skin. Now this one has become raised and logic is there but I worry its a seperate issue.

HopelessWorrier2011
29-05-17, 23:34
There is no harm getting it checked out, none at all but please also mention your anxiety and how all this makes you feel xx

MyNameIsTerry
29-05-17, 23:56
Reb,

Please read what the NHS link says. If it's not on their "ask a GP" checklist, it's not something to worry about. Even then if it is on the list, it's highly unlikely to be what you fear because remember the NHS says "rare" about non benign moles.

NervUs
30-05-17, 00:55
I don't totally understand when you say the freckle is raised?

Anyway, can you wait a few days to see if the skin clears up and then just get it checked?

I am in a similar boat myself right now. Dry skin appeared on my ear lobe. I just happened to have a derm appointment set up, and she told me it looked like a precancer/actinic keratosis.

I know how this goes, you are imagining the worst of the worst. But, most often the thing it ends up being is no biggie or just normal. I can tell from your tone that you are really perseverating on this. If there is a change in a skin lesion, it's not overkill to get it checked.

MyNameIsTerry
30-05-17, 02:06
The NHS state:

Moles are often a brownish colour, although some may be darker or skin-coloured. They can be flat or raised, smooth or rough, and some have hair growing from them. Moles are usually circular or oval with a smooth edge.
Moles can change in number and appearance. Some fade away over time, often without you realising.

AND

Most moles are completely harmless. However, they may be unsightly and affect your confidence.

When it comes to Melanomas, they say:

Melanomas usually appear as a dark, fast-growing spot where there was not one before, or a pre-existing mole that changes size, shape or colour and bleeds, itches or reddens.

BUT ALSO THAT

While most moles are benign (non-cancerous), in rare cases they can develop into melanoma.

Note - it says "rare cases".

helenhoo
30-05-17, 08:08
This is a flat freckle I've always had that feels raised slightly because I have developed a patch of dry skin next to it. It's small, odd shaped but looks like mickey mouse but never changed. Its the fact it feels raised - is it the dry kin or something else, that was the concern NervUs :)

---------- Post added at 08:08 ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 ----------

but its symmetrical.

I want somebody to be like 'yes i had this happen to me'

Gary A
30-05-17, 08:47
Well, if all you want is someone to say "this happened to me", I'll be glad to help. This exact thing happened to me about 3 years ago. I had a small mole on my side that I'd had for years, the skin in the area became dry and the mole raised and in fact, became noticeably bigger.

I made an appointment with my GP, he looked at it for about 30 seconds and told me that the mole had become irritated by the dry skin. He advised that it was completely harmless and would go back to normal when the dry skin improved.

He was bang on the money. Three years later my mole is still there but it has returned to its original size and is no longer raised. As you've been told a number of times in this thread, freckles and moles are simply areas of normal skin. The only difference is that moles and freckles contain more melanin than other parts of the skin.

helenhoo
30-05-17, 12:17
Thanks

It seems to be going down now, may be the e45 or the fact I'm prodding it less. I've also made note to avoid sites like daily mail because although warning signs are goood to know horror stories are an obvious trigger

MyNameIsTerry
30-05-17, 13:13
Well seeing what vacuous celebrity is doing what normally triggers me into a fit of :wall:

helenhoo
30-05-17, 19:18
sorry to comment again,

it really is back and forth with this freckle.

If i stretch out the skin around it, its smooth. Does this clarify its the dry skin making it feel raised? I have same oatch other arm too but no freckles near it so no freakingout.

helenhoo
30-05-17, 21:21
I tell myself its the dry skin because it's Round the rest of the skin and Gary has similar story. It's learning to distrax
ct myself as its easy to view ln my lower arm.

helenhoo
31-05-17, 13:04
I'm worries today that the dry skin is infact crusty and therefore a warning sign although I have dry skin elsewhere on my arm, near the freckle & other arm. It's because its ON the freckle. doesn't feel crusty, just dry.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

sent my mom a photo and she's told me to stop being ridiculous that its just dry skin which happens to be near and a freckle. I'm too nervous to eat.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

i literally go from

it's just a freckle with dry skin near and on it, i have dry skin further up and the other arm and it feels and looks the same and next hour I'm a right panicky mess.

swajj
31-05-17, 13:14
I haven't read the rest of this thread but has a doctor looked at it? If the answer is yes then you should just accept that it is dry skin near a freckle.

Why do you delete so many of your threads? Just curious.

helenhoo
31-05-17, 16:10
i keep scratching it and now it looks more scaley thete is scaley skin next to it too.

panic attack at work, messaging mom and she's telling me off

helenhoo
31-05-17, 17:20
close to me say i dont need to be and a psrt of me worries that this is it now. I've gotten over thos freckle and I'd convinced self this was a freckle in cross fire of dry skin bouts but ive scratched it and now it looks worse. i also read a darn DM article about a crusty mole. . .

In regards to doctors by me the surgery closes half day Wednesdays!

helenhoo
31-05-17, 19:38
its calmed down a bit, ive showered and put e45 on.

IF it feels the same on non freckled part as it does on the freckled bit that's good right?

Josh1234
31-05-17, 20:26
Remember, she doesn't need CBT.

Carrie8484
31-05-17, 22:01
Remember, she doesn't need CBT.

because she posts saying she knows there's nothing wrong with X , but still posts about it anyway. if someone suggests going to the doctor she says she knows it's nothing to worry about. she's playing you all.

helenhoo
31-05-17, 22:06
I have spoken to my friends mom who is a pharmacist; she has said its nothing to worry about. She saod to come back to her in a week ans that sometimes her freckles raise. Still not convinced but will give it a few days of no prodding

MyNameIsTerry
01-06-17, 01:13
I have spoken to my friends mom who is a pharmacist; she has said its nothing to worry about. She saod to come back to her in a week ans that sometimes her freckles raise. Still not convinced but will give it a few days of no prodding

I'm glad you didn't see GP about this, Reb, they haven't the time to waste on such things.

Several people have seen it said it's not something to be concerned about. Your subconscious won't believe them, it wants doubt. Consciously you have to accept what has been said and stop yourself going into the cycles that exist in your anxiety.

So, what are you going to do now?

MyNameIsTerry
01-06-17, 15:56
Cath,

I disagree. Surgeries are already struggling. There has been a poster up in mine to stop booking appointments for a range of minor ailments and to ask a pharmacist.

My surgery has recently removed their walk-in morning surgery because of issues like this.

It might be ten minutes but that's thinking only of one patient. If there is nothing wrong, and both her mother and a pharmacist have said so, why see anyone?

Actually I'm asking her where she goes from here. That's not reassurance.

Elen
01-06-17, 18:07
There have also been nationwide adds running to persuade people to visit a pharmacy for a range of minor ailments rather than go to the GP.

They also have posters up requesting that people do not make appointments for things like colds and flu unless they are in an "at risk" category.

Gary A
01-06-17, 18:49
A changing mole or freckle that's causing concern should really be checked by a doctor.

However, we all know the OP's history so it's easy for us to be clear that her anxiety is causing her anguish that it wouldn't cause most people.

Other than advise her to speak to her doctor about it, then try and get the doctor to treat her anxiety properly, I don't know what else can really be said.

MyNameIsTerry
02-06-17, 00:13
Cath,

If her mole has changed (or not) and the change is on NHS Choices saying it's not worth seeing a GP about, I go with that. I understand your concern on safety but I know her mother has seen it and said what she is worrying about is irrational. Now a pharmacist has seen it, I feel even more comfortable about it. There is still an argument that it should really be a GP but I defer to her mum.

It's not an argument is it? It's just my opinion. It was put solely to Reb and wasn't a criticism of other members advice. I don't agree with seeing doctors for some of the reasons I see on this board and other sufferers advising it but that's a separate issue we can all agree to disagree over. It wasn't meant as a criticism so apologies if it was badly written.

My surgery has taken measures to improve what they should be doing. They will still see you if you insist but the receptionists will ask you to consider the pharmacist. It's things like coughs & colds, warts, skin irritation, etc. Pharmacists are doing more & more these days so it's what trusts are doing. If they don't do something, they may refuse in the future. This has been going on a few years I think.

I was unhappy they closed my "open surgery". It was running before I was born. Mine is one of the oldest & largest surgeries in the city. The two senior partners are trying to retire and they are the children of the doctors who set it up. They said they just couldn't replace doctors they were losing as the financial situation is poor here and they've been turning down doctors they believe unsuitable.

My mum & dad are at the same surgery. They've been using it since this closure and they say they are having no problems getting appointments. It's actually improving the service they believe so it sounds like it has forced the issue over the trivial things you can sort yourself or don't need a GP for. Really we always saw a GP but when people are going because they've had a cold for a couple of days, I can understand why they are having to force some people to stop time wasting. The treatments the pharmacist recommends must be costing less than the prescription charge so it's saving us money perhaps?

My GF is with a one GP surgery. She has no open surgery and has to wait 3 weeks for appointments. It's hard to even get an emergency. I was worried mine would end up like that but so far so good.

helenhoo
03-06-17, 11:11
I was and it was a lot vettee yesyersay as i wasnt prodding it. I may have put on E45 AND SUDOCREM too many timess as it is still dry today but its dry next to tthe freckle on my plain skin.

helenhoo
05-06-17, 17:18
I was battling with self over it again last night. If i look closely i can see little heat dots on skin up from freckle, next to freckle and possibly on it. Could this be why its raised? if i look closely its not the whole freckle thay it raised.

My mom, sis, former pharmacist and OH have all said it's nothing to worry about. Its same colur size and shape always has been.

I fear of going to GP and getting told "yes, that's cancerous"

Ugh

helenhoo
05-06-17, 22:15
i googled and sent self into

asymmetrical - no, mine is like a mickey mouse
border - no change, quite
colour - one colour, dark bit where i think its raised
diametre - tiny
evolve - no

also read that redness around mole and this is what freaks me out as these heat spots near it make some skin look red but some of this happened further up arm aswell. Please help someone. I'd calmed down and then googled.

nomorepanic
05-06-17, 22:18
Go and see the doc as we can't tell you for sure what it is and they can.

helenhoo
05-06-17, 22:57
tried calling today several times and got a busy line

everybody says I don't need to but my worry flares so hard.

It looks like a heat rash, lots of tiny spots near the freckle and same further up arm. Can heat rash present for a week? Or would melanoma be like this? Sorry for being so irrational - I have tried contacting friends and family to talk and nobody is free.

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

spoke to my mother in law who has said it looks fine and if she thought i needed to worry she'd tell me (she is a very blunt, honest person) she said she I should go doctors for confirmation because I won't believe her, or anyone. She said it doesn't have redness; just a heat rash/eczema.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

She also commented on how well I had been doing and questioned why I was back here again.

MyNameIsTerry
06-06-17, 01:10
Reb,

We can't see what it looks like here but you've had several people in real life check it and say it is fine, including a pharmacist.

Your MIL understands your HA means you won't believe her but look at your post history on here and how nurses/doctors have not resolved this by telling you the same. She realises it's about your anxiety, not the context of your fear, so why not take her advice to pursue help? You're back in the UK now aren't you?

The best thing to do is take steps against your anxiety, which may sensibly include seeing a GP. You need to accept this is anxiety, until you do you will only chase reassurance and not try to help yourself.

helenhoo
06-06-17, 11:39
Thanks terry, I'm honestly trying so hard to not to gawp. Itz within gawping distance so it's struggle.

helenhoo
07-06-17, 13:45
anybody had dry skin on a freckle before? still beingbtold it's normal.

Gary A
07-06-17, 16:16
anybody had dry skin on a freckle before? still beingbtold it's normal.

You've been answered on this in this very thread, I personally told you about this exact thing happening to me a while ago. The answer isn't going to change.

helenhoo
07-06-17, 17:53
yes you did, sorry Gary. Anxiety beating logic again.

I'm less frantic today but still find self looking. Did your doc say dry skin on freckle was normal?

Gary A
07-06-17, 18:05
I'm sorry but are you just playing dumb here?

The response I gave you is in this thread, just read it again. You've had lots of replies telling you that this is normal.

helenhoo
08-06-17, 09:05
I'm not trying to. I wonder if its 'scaley scabby' mole which is a warning sign though Ive been told by somebody it isn't. Dry skin will eventually fall off won't it?

Gary A
08-06-17, 09:25
See, this is why people question your motives.

You ask for specific types of reassurance then when it comes you just dress up the question in a slightly different way and ask it again.

When people get to a point of not knowing what else to say, and advise you to seek medical help, you claim you don't need it.

When people advise you to seek assistance from a mental health professional, you also claim you don't need that either, then just keep on repeating the same question, worded slightly differently, over and over and over.

A thread about dry skin has clocked up over 50 replies and you are still asking the same question that you did in your OP. Either take on board the answers you've already been given, which are more than enough, or go and see your doctor.

Seriously, stop this absolute nonsense.

helenhoo
08-06-17, 09:29
Sorry Gary, black hole again.

Gary A
08-06-17, 09:30
Sorry Gary, black hole again.

Don't be sorry, just please do something about it, this is getting you nowhere.

helenhoo
08-06-17, 15:03
I'm now worrying if one of the 'ears' in the freckle has turned pink. In some light its definitely light brown, in others it has a tinge of pink (or does it). My arm has Sent photo to family and they said its brown. I'm on a business trip today trying to be professional and every time I'm alone I'm staring at my arm.* I had no appetite at lunch, rang my dad who told me to calm down and that ive never used sunbeds or had blistering sunburn or even sit in sun regular so why would it be MM? i then recall those horror stories online of those who have had it.

I am so so terrified.

Dry skin around freckle and few mm to the right. Also have similar patch on upper left arm on left.

Josh1234
08-06-17, 16:33
Go to your doc, show him this thread, and if he says you still don't need CBT, he needs his license revoked.

helenhoo
08-06-17, 23:11
Josh, i am making an appointment regarding my anxiety tomorrow, ive had enough.

Ive spoken to my tell it like it is aunt tonight who said its nornal, looks fine. She herself has tons on raised and big moles she doesn't care about. She told me off.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

since shown it to my sister who has said theres clear dry skin next to it but no pink or red anywhere.

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

sisters boyfriend had a look and said it wasnt red or pink but the ear bit wasnt same brown as rest mole (knew this) why oh why do i see pink and nobody else does.

Gary A
08-06-17, 23:22
Is there anyone you haven't shown this to?

MyNameIsTerry
09-06-17, 01:29
Josh, i am making an appointment regarding my anxiety tomorrow, ive had enough.

Ive spoken to my tell it like it is aunt tonight who said its nornal, looks fine. She herself has tons on raised and big moles she doesn't care about. She told me off.

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

since shown it to my sister who has said theres clear dry skin next to it but no pink or red anywhere.

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

sisters boyfriend had a look and said it wasnt red or pink but the ear bit wasnt same brown as rest mole (knew this) why oh why do i see pink and nobody else does.

I'm glad to hear this, Reb. The mole is just a symptom, just like the others were in the past and I know you know this (this whole board is the same), and whilst I'm sure you're GP will take a look but the real issue here is the anxiety and that is NOT a waste of anyone's time in this.

Really tell him/her just how this is making you feel. They will quickly pick up how much this is impacting you if you talk about all this checking and showing pictures to your family as that is just not what non HAers do.

helenhoo
12-06-17, 11:21
Frexkle itself is now looking as it did but the rash is still near it. I have dry skin and similar rash on another part of mt arm, I wonder if its fungal infection? Its dry and pink? Any suggestions?

Not 100% over it but getting there.

axolotl
12-06-17, 16:28
Any suggestions?

Maybe stop asking Internet randoms to diagnose a rash from a vague description and go and see a pharmacist for some cream?

Jackrabbit
12-06-17, 16:42
What in the world is going on with this thread lol

Helen...Go to your doctor and ask them the questions. No one is a doctor on here. Not that I know of at least

Josh1234
12-06-17, 18:20
Is there anyone you haven't shown this to?

LOL

helenhoo
12-06-17, 19:47
I came acrose almenotic melanoma and am now in panic that is what mine is. The redness isn't always there but I had concluded it was fungal as I have one on other arm. I am attaching photos of both for you to look at.

https://ibb.co/nioDSa this is other
https://ibb.co/d9cq7a and the

I had got over it and now I'm back panicking again. Please have a look. I'm now terrified.

Catherine S
12-06-17, 21:45
Why are you still asking us to tell you what it is and posting photos? Why..if you're so terrified. ..are you ignoring everybody's advise to go and ask either a doctor or nurse at your surgery, or a pharmacist?

Once again, during all the the weeks wasted ignoring people here, you could have seen a professional about this by now easily. Instead you are determined to ignore that advice and continue to ask people online what it could be. As we all keep saying, we can only guess because we don't know.

And yes, I know you need to also ask for help with your anxiety, but first just get the freckle/rash seen to for goodness sake, then you will know for sure what it is or isn't.

:shrug:

helenhoo
13-06-17, 09:32
i saw a nurse who took one look and said it was patch of dry skin. i voiced my concern about what i was worried it was and she shook her head. She told me a few creams to try and said if no change in few weeks to go back bht she did stress i need help with my anxiety.

i wish i felt assured, she was a saint amd i apologised for questioning her and asking and asking.

Catherine S
13-06-17, 09:49
So the 'almenotic melanoma' post accompanied by the two photos came after a nurse told you everything looked fine? You don't even mention that you've had it checked, just launch into another condition it might be. Hopefully the treatment/therapy you eventually succeed in getting will help you take back control of your anxiety, because we don't seem to be helping you at all.

Take care

helenhoo
13-06-17, 10:01
No i went to the nurse this morning.

Catherine S
13-06-17, 12:55
Oh ok, well its good you've seen a medically trained person Helen. Try the creams anyway and see how it goes with the rash/dry skin, because she's recomended you treat that and go back about it if it doesn't clear up..maybe for a prescribed cream. She's not focusing on the freckles at all, so you shouldn't be either.

:)

helenhoo
13-06-17, 13:14
She had asked if mole had changed shape colour size etc and I answered no to all. She felt it and said yep dry skin, nothing sinister. So why do I not feel assured? I hate this part of myself.

Fishmanpa
13-06-17, 13:26
I hate this part of myself.

Then )*&$~@$)^& do something about it! :doh:

Positive thoughts

WiredIncorrectly
13-06-17, 13:28
She had asked if mole had changed shape colour size etc and I answered no to all. She felt it and said yep dry skin, nothing sinister. So why do I not feel assured? I hate this part of myself.

Because you have what I would say is very sever anxiety. The freckle isn't the problem. The dry skin isn't the problem. The anxiety is the problem.

Until you deal with the anxiety you are going to bounce from one illness to the next. You're a hypochondriac (as many of us here are/have been). It's a well known and well documented medical condition.

I can not believe this post has 3 pages full of responses. Some people on here really do have genuine fears and they get no support. You have to realise that people on here have tried their best to help you and you're not taking any advice.

Please, go to your doctor. That is your only option now. You are wasting peoples time because they are responding and giving you advice and you're throwing it back in their face.

Pick up that phone and book an appointment. I say with 100% certainty that if you don't do this life around you will crumble. It's much harder to deal with anxiety/depression when your world is falling apart.

Please, do it.

axolotl
13-06-17, 13:29
Then )*&$~@$)^& do something about it! :doh:

Positive thoughts

Prioritising the thread where people are giving good advice about saving her relationship rather than checking in to comment on ones about indistinct rashes would be a start.

WiredIncorrectly
13-06-17, 13:51
Prioritising the thread where people are giving good advice about saving her relationship rather than checking in to comment on ones about indistinct rashes would be a start.

I thought that too. If it were me, and I was on the brink of losing my relationship I wouldn't be commenting on a thread about a freckle and dry skin. In fact, I wouldn't be online. I'd be dealing with the higher priority issues.

Something about this makes me feel like the problem either isn't as bad as OP is making out (re: relationship thread), or it is and they just can't see it.

It's frustrating when you lead a thirsty horse to water, but the horse will not drink. This horse isn't even taking a sip.

Fishmanpa
13-06-17, 15:34
A horse that won't drink dies of thirst in 3-4 days. A camel on the other hand can last over 6 months ;)

Positive thoughts and an oasis in the HA desert.

KK77
13-06-17, 15:52
Poor horse must have had the real hump :lac:

Fishmanpa
13-06-17, 16:36
Poor horse must have had the real hump :lac:

What did I tell you about humping horses KK?! :)

Positve thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
13-06-17, 17:01
I thought that too. If it were me, and I was on the brink of losing my relationship I wouldn't be commenting on a thread about a freckle and dry skin. In fact, I wouldn't be online. I'd be dealing with the higher priority issues.

Something about this makes me feel like the problem either isn't as bad as OP is making out (re: relationship thread), or it is and they just can't see it.

It's frustrating when you lead a thirsty horse to water, but the horse will not drink. This horse isn't even taking a sip.

With severe anxiety, holding down a job, a relationship and going on holidays as well as moving to the other side of the planet for months would be impossible in my eyes.

I think people see someone posting a few short sentences daily as severe because of thread length but severe OCD takes up most of your day...I would expect a hell a lot more posts with a lot of detail.

People sit at work posting on Twitter more than this so it's more important to look at the offline behaviours on top to understand it and obviously the lack of acceptance issues.