PDA

View Full Version : Terrorized about colon cancer

Vanadio
29-05-17, 11:15
Hi, i am a 24 male who suffers from health anxiety. Currently i am very afraid of colon cancer... last week i had a morning episode of diarrhea. After that and until now i mantain abdominal discomfort and my stools are somehow soft. I've been taking ibs drugs like mebeverine, but i am only a bit better. I am certain now that i will die this year...

swajj
29-05-17, 12:24
It's highly unlikely that you have colon cancer. Go to the doctor. There are no doctors here.

Vanadio
29-05-17, 12:33
It's highly unlikely that you have colon cancer. Go to the doctor. There are no doctors here.

My problem is that right know my mind just focus on the rare cases of young people with colon cancer. I had a similar episode last year and went to the gastro doc, and he said that this was nothing...

swajj
29-05-17, 12:41
If your mind continually focuses on worst case scenarios to the point where your quality of life is negatively impacted then you need to see a therapist. You have already said that it has happened before. You need help dealing with your anxiety.

Vanadio
29-05-17, 15:31
I cant deal with this... i see those medical cases of 25 yo who had colon cancer... i just want to cry

saf138
29-05-17, 15:50
Calm yourself having abdominal discomfort is in no way a diagnosis of having colon cancer you may be just having a mild bout of ibs or belly irritation from something you ate or maybe its dont to good old anxiety don't go googling it will send you crazy trust me.
Ive been having the same thing as you for the last 6-7 months along with a nagging stabbing pain in one spot on the belly and its got to the point that that I might as well say to myself "here we go same s**t different day" (no pun intended) before every bathroom visit.
Remember the brain and digestive system works very closely with each other in fact the digestive system is known as the second brain if your brain is all frazzled with stress and anxiety so will the digestive system.
All the best