PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to say

blod
29-05-17, 21:22
Hi all,
I'm not really sure what to say as I've not actually been diagnosed with any anxiety or depression etc, but my partner wants me to go to the doctor as he thinks that's what I'm dealing with. I'm nervous about speaking to a doctor and wasting their time as if I can't explain how I'm feeling myself, how can I explain it to a doctor. The whole idea of speaking to someone else scares about how I'm feeling scares me.

venusbluejeans
29-05-17, 21:28
Hiya blod and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

KK77
29-05-17, 21:32
You won't be wasting doctor's time at all. If your anxiety/depression is impacting your relationship to the point where your partner is urging you to do something about it, then it should be taken seriously. Make an appointment and perhaps ask your partner to go with you to help explain how you feel. We all have to start somewhere and this is a first step in the right direction. All the best...

blod
29-05-17, 21:34
He's already said he's booking a day off to come with me, I just don't want to waste anyone's time.