PDA

View Full Version : Ovarian cancer worries!! Please help!!

Healthworrier95
29-05-17, 22:17
Last month I began feeling irritated and discomfort in my lower abdomen (central but slightly to the left) as well as what felt like it radiated down the tube to my vagina. I also for about 3 days noticed brown tinted discharge (sorry for details). I also began belching chronically (I have been suffeing from acid/throat clearing in whick I thought the belching was connected to). This all began 5 days after my period last month.
I then had a urine test which came back clear
Anyway... it's now a month later and the symptoms are back. The only difference is that I have not had the discharge and I am currently ovulating which I'm trying to calm myself down with explaining these symptoms. Symptoms are discomfort (not pain) central but left of my lower abdomen which radiates down to my vaginal wall/tube. I'm still chronically belching and not really eating the best as I always feel full and sometimes (not always) bloated. I'm really worried this could be ovarian cancer???? :( I'm only 22. Any advice??????

Melonpony
29-05-17, 22:32
Belching is a sign of ovarian cancer?

I had a fear of OC a few months ago bc a friend of mine has it. I went to my annual exam and asked my Dr all about it. She said unfortunately there is no screening test for it.
I told her I had cramps periodically. She said if the cramping isn't constant, and aligns with menstruation and/or ovulation, that's normal.

Same as your symptoms, I have had that radiating cramp. It's almost like a zap. Ugh.

Personally, basing what you're experiencing, I do not believe it is OC. I'M NOT a Dr, so if you're really concerned you should see an OB or internist but I don't think it's warranted.

Something I decided to do was monitor my symptoms with an App. I use MY DAYS. I write NOTES in on the days I have cramps. This way, I can track a pattern as a way to calm myself. OC cramping is constant, anyway, so if it's intermittent, it's not a symptom. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Healthworrier95
29-05-17, 23:02
Thanks for the reply! Yes according to the wonderful Google apparently so :(
Your reply really makes sens though, the pain is sort of like a dull shooting pain downwards shock is more worrying and annoying than painful in my case. I'm still a little concerned about last months epposide however because it was only 5 days after my period and seemed worse to this episode.
Hopefully it's just natural and I'm being extra hypersensitive due to my health anxiety 🙄 Oh the joys!!

Melonpony
30-05-17, 04:52
Haha yes, I have been in the same boat. I started getting those weird shooting pains after my period last summer. I was very concerned, but they are now very distinctly related to menstruation and ovulation. I also noticed that I get more cramps and pain if I'm not drinking enough water.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk