PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder and Neck Twitches

BobReader
30-05-17, 07:34
I have had this problem in excess of 50 years, and so far no Doctors ever been able to diagnose it. My own research suggests it falls but not quite into the Sydenhams and Graves disease category, or the faulty inherited gene category, or the after effects of chorea, or an untreated childhood infection that damaged my neck-spine-nerves-junction box problem.

This problem commenced when I was around age 9, it was severe for four years then faded away and was noticeable to others, I ignored it for 50 years, now its returned and some evenings it's almost impossible to relax and be normal. If have this neck-signal urge to twitch and squirm I must do so, when this occurs I am always sitting upright in a chair, yet when I lay down (stretch out on a sofa) it stops. It's as if my head-neck-shoulders posture is affecting the nerves in my neck.

During the last 6 years a new symptom developed: When I need to pee, if I don't do so immediately my neck bulges, throbs and aches, if I am driving I must stop in a layby and urinate - then my neck discomfort stops.