PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Possible blood in Phlegm?

Stresshead32
30-05-17, 13:09
Hi everyone!! I know we are not Doctors on here etc but having a bad day with my mind overworking due to my lovely health anxiety!
I have been ill this week due to a sinus infection.Finally got antibiotics on Saturday as there were no signs of improvement and I just felt like crap!Also wanted to be in the safe side as last time I had a sinus infection it went onto my chest causing bad infection and I'd rather not experience that again!
Anyway, Sunday and yesterday I didn't feel too bad. Took an antibiotic last night before I went to bed-supposed to swallow it whole-but being me I have been crushing it in my mouth as scared of it getting stuck in throat!.Went to bed,fell asleep..
Early hours of morning,I awoke to find myself coughing,not coughing very hard but felt like something was irrating my throat. Noticed I had phlegm in my mouth so went to the bathroom. I nearly died on spot when saw that my phlegm was a reddish colour(not like bright blood)as I spat more on the tissue(sorry for tmi)I noticed bits of the antibiotic I had taken before bed(the antibiotic is red) the taste was also of the antibiotic. Now I don't know if it was blood in my phlegm,or it was the antibiotic as I suffer from acid reflux too. Looked at the tissue it was on this morning and it's not red at all,just slight discolouration..no scary phlegm episodes since though....can anyone help?

NervUs
30-05-17, 15:38
Personally, I would assume it was just the coloring from the antibiotic. If it hasn't happened again, put it out of your mind.

daisyflower
30-05-17, 16:42
I had blood in my phlegm this morning as I have a cold. Why would it be a big deal? Didn't worry me at all x

Stresshead32
30-05-17, 19:10
Thank you both for your replies:) you have put my anxious mind at rest.I have had no more today,and I think if there was a problem,it would be happening on a regular basis. Just scared the life out of me,especially as health been not so good over past few years but it's all mainly due to anxiety. Haha yes i thought it may have been(after my panic) the colouring of the tablet! Especially as my partner has just pointed out they are also gastro-resistant!
Thanks both x:yesyes: