PDA

View Full Version : One Year on to the day!

Andy1718
30-05-17, 15:56
Hi guys.
Its been a while. Thought I would post as its one year on until the day I had my crash. Its been a tough year but I am fine at the moment. Still on 20mgs of cit and will be until the near future. My life is pretty much back to normal after 3 months off work with stress. Teaching is still a major stress and I still have minor panic thoughts about situations but seem to be able to cope well enough. Taking each day as it comes and wait for the crashes but at the moment they are not there. What have i learnt in this year?

1. Draw upon all the support you can, mental health no longer has the stigma it does, so don't feel ashamed and get help.
2. Choose your doctor wisely.
3. Rest, read and discover more about your condition.
4. Use this forum but don't over do the internet - everyone is different!
5. Exercise as much as you can!
6. Go to counselling and do CBT. Be patient and stick with it.
7. Try to seek a counsellor who has been through it.
8. Keep looking forward!!!
9. If you start to panic stop: think of 5 things you can see, 4 things you an hear, 3 things you can feel, 2 things you can smell and one thing you are good at!
10. Stick to your tablets and dosage don't mess with it but seek advice.
11. Don't believe all the self help shit that it out there. People who can cure you in a CD, it is only you than can cure or help yourself!
12. Meditate and use mindfulness app.
13. If you feel anxious then tell yourself, and keep telling yourself, this is not anxiety but excitement of a new opportunity.
14. Eat well, try to sleep well and spend time with loved ones.
15. You are not different and anxiety happens to 1 in 3 of us in our life time!!
16. You are not going to die!! Even though I thought i was.
17. If you have had thoughts of suicide, most people have! Doesn't mean to will harm yourself. When people are low these thought soften flash through our heads.
18. Socially accept that its never as bad as your head will imagine!

I hope that you are all well. It does get better and I am the proof!!