PDA

View Full Version : My holidays coming up

yorkylover
07-05-07, 17:24
As some of you know Im going on holiday on Saturday:wacko: Well Im starting to get a little agitated.I keep wanting a wee:blush: I seem to get agitated because there is so much to do before hand,getting everything ready,making sure you have packed everything you need.Getting all the dog stuff ready,sorting out the other animals that my mum looks after.Making sure I have all my meds,and then theres the what if's.What if I need this ,what if I need that.I start taking everything but the kitchen sink:ohmy: .Then I think is it worth going,its just a hassel,then come the negative thoughts like"its easier to stay at home:lac: than do all this.But I cant be selfish because my partner deserves his holiday,he works hard all year and needs a break.Needs more of a break from me I think!!!!!!!:wacko: Do other people get like this?????

groovygranny
07-05-07, 17:43
Absolutely Ellen!

I had the jitters for a few weeks before I went on holiday recently.

Like you, all the usual stuff - don't wanna fly, don't know that to pack, have I forgotten anything ....and if I have it's bound to be something really important! Ended up wondering if I really wanted to go at all!!

BUT.....as you know, the peeps are great here and you can always count on a lot of support and good advice to get you through.

It worked for me.......I had a great holiday....and I'm truly glad I went!

And I'll probably be exactly the same next time.......but I'll still go :)!!

I found making lists helpful:

1) Make a list of all you need to take and tick them off item by item as you pack them.

2) Make a list of all the things you have to organise or do and tick them off as you do them

3) The day before you go leave the things you really can't afford to leave behind like meds, travel docs, and passports if needed by the front door. Then you have to walk (or trip in my case!) over them in order to get out of the house!!

4) Take a deep breath, tell yourself that you both need this holiday....

AND ENJOY !! :)

PS: and tell us all about it when you get back ok??

:flowers::hugs:

kazzie
07-05-07, 23:11
Hi Ellen

You will be fine I agree with gg lists help!!!!

Im hoping to get away when ive sorted all I have to at the mo!!!

You will have a fabby time:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

dawndew
08-05-07, 23:02
Hello there

Boy am I in the same place as you right now!!! :hugs: I could have wrote your problem myself and my partner actually thought I had !!!

I go on holiday on Saturday and my partner really needs and is looking forward to it and I want him to have the best time ...I also own a yorkie!!! can you see why he thought it was me...lol

I'm bloody dreading it ... don't have a clue why because I want to go but can't see myself relaxing for 2 weeks and the what if's are driving me mad..somebody please help me!!

My problem is I first experienced panic attacks while away about 8 years ago I felt terrified not knowing what was wrong and didn't know how to get help and even though I don't suffer with panic attacks any longer I have had problems going abroad ever since. My mind is churning with fear from the minute I wake up, but I have nothing to fear. I am going away on my first holiday with my boyfriend who is brilliant and I know that really nothing can seriously go wrong. My main worry is deveolping an illness while away and not being able to get help although I'm only going to Majorca so they will probably speak better english than I do!!:blush:

My doctor has prescribed 2mg of Diazpam but having read the info on this site I'm scared to take them. I just want to know how to relax and enjoy not doing anything...:shades: Any tips

Lisa

yorkylover
08-05-07, 23:32
Wow I see what you mean!!!!!!:wacko: Im looking forward to going away in some ways.Your braver than me,Im only going to Devon.I take my yorky with me,hes my baby.Whats yours called?
Your partner sounds like mine,mine has the patients of a saint:)

kazzie
09-05-07, 22:18
Hi Lisa

I was given 5mg diazipam recently for different reasons and I took them for the couple of days I needed them for and they helped a lot!!!

They dont make you feel ill or anything just relaxed I would give it a go:yesyes:

Ellen wishing You happy hols again:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs: