PDA

View Full Version : Stomach issues after binge drinking for the first time. :(

Aleman200
31-05-17, 10:42
Hello everyone, been a while since i posted here and i thought i had defeated my HA for a while again but here it is rearing it's ugly head. To sum it up in a nice brief way, last saturday i drank for the very first time in my life to the drunk extent, i hadn't really eaten at all aside from a hot dog during the day too, and i woke up with stomach cramps and all the wonderful problems that come with excessive drinking, and while all my friends have recovered from it i'm still feeling a bloaty stomach near the top under my rib cage and i still occasionally get stomach cramps. I'm starting to get worried but i can't get to the dr until next week :( Does anyone have any experience in "Binge drinking" escapades, could it possibly be a form of IBS?

poppadr3w
31-05-17, 13:57
Hello everyone, been a while since i posted here and i thought i had defeated my HA for a while again but here it is rearing it's ugly head. To sum it up in a nice brief way, last saturday i drank for the very first time in my life to the drunk extent, i hadn't really eaten at all aside from a hot dog during the day too, and i woke up with stomach cramps and all the wonderful problems that come with excessive drinking, and while all my friends have recovered from it i'm still feeling a bloaty stomach near the top under my rib cage and i still occasionally get stomach cramps. I'm starting to get worried but i can't get to the dr until next week :( Does anyone have any experience in "Binge drinking" escapades, could it possibly be a form of IBS?

Many people love to drink, myself included. I think why many people like it that have various forms of anxiety is because it honestly lowers anxiety exponentially. It makes you feel more social and normalized. But that doesn't come without some sort of sacrifice or negative effects, usually.

You're having your fist hangover. During this phase many people get lightheaded, nausea, fatigue, etc. If you have anxiety it - for many people - increases anxiety many times over. I believe (I am not a doctor) this is what is happening to you, as it happens to me. My anxiety the day or so after drinking, especially heavily, is ten times worse. I wasn't always like this when it came to drinking, either.

Give yourself a couple of more days to recover. Your stress compounding with the way you are feeling doesn't help. Hydrate, take some minor stuff for your stomach like Emetrol, and take this as a lesson that drinking, especially heavily, will have a more profound negative effect on you compared to people without anxiety. I sometimes make the sacrifice, but I know that I'll feel like crap for days afterwards.

If you're taking medication, these hangovers can also be worsened.

I run a blog called The Anxiety Press (www.anxietypress.com) if you'd like to take a look there for fitness related ways to deal with anxiety.

lofwyr
31-05-17, 14:05
I used to like drinking. A lot. Too much, and I have been sober for 19 years, otherwise I would be dead.

What you are describing is very typical, drink a lot of water. I mean, more than you think you need to, but not to the point of throwing up. Water was the only thing that helped me through those mornings.

ShaunRyder
31-05-17, 14:59
Nothing to worry about, I use to drink alot every weekend in my younger days and I always felt like this. Drink plenty of water, make a home smoothie with some nice fruits and do a bit of exercise if possible, this helps me alot.

Aleman200
31-05-17, 17:27
Thank you guys ever so much i shall take your advice and drink plenty of water!

Aleman200
01-06-17, 10:03
Can the effects of a hangover still go on for a week after the deed?