PDA

View Full Version : Advise needed please x

susiep
31-05-17, 11:57
Hi, I have been under a lot of stress recently. My mum has just been diagnosed with vascular dementia and my mother in law has passed away a few weeks ago. So not only am I grieving her passing, I'm having to do so for my mum. Shes in a care home but the stress of everything has finally got to me. Ive not slept in five days and my doctor has prescribed zopiclone to help with the sleep, it has helped in that I get around 3 hours sleep but its not enough. I have also been prescribed anti depressants, which I do not want to take, been there and felt awful.
I was wondering if and what peoples views are on taking St Johns wort instead of the anti depressants, I've rang to check with the chemist and the makers of the St Johns if I can take them with the zoplicone and ive been told its ok.
I guess what I'm asking is, has anyone else taken these two together and did it help. I will only allowed the sleeping tablets for a short while anyway x
xx

times71
02-06-17, 00:09
Hi Susiep

Reading your post my heart goes out to you, guess things are tough for you right now.

I have never taken anti-depressants or st johns wort. Though from my limited knowledge I would recommend exercise. It's a natural anti-depressant and will help with the sleeping.

Just throwing a third option out there for you.