PDA

View Full Version : First time here and crippled with anxiety

Rgmk1201
31-05-17, 16:38
Hi. I'm a 37 year old mum of 2 girls who should be enjoying life but instead suffer from a crippling health anxiety which is ruining my life and everyone around me.

It probably kicked off a few years ago when I developed a tingling (electric shock type feeling) down the left hand side of my body radiating from around my eye and nose through my arm and hand down to my hip and leg. It was intermittent and I'd perhaps have flare ups over a week or two where it would be constant and then perhaps nothing for a few months before getting it again. I went through the doctor who did bloods (fine) didn't really think to much was wrong but referred me to a neurologist who also thought I was fine but gave me an MRI just to rule it out. All was fine and I was discharged with no real diagnosis except I was fine. That one laid low for a while still getting flare ups from time to time but manageable.

After that I started getting abnormal bleeding down below, two scans later, swabs etc showed nothing. This settled down. Went though an 18 month phase of having basically what felt like constant dull period pains, again had abnormal spotting, scan and showed nothing. This happened again 6 months ago again nothing on swabs, smears, scans to show any problems, just one of those things with a possible suggestion of endometriosis.

Things settled for a bit again and now everything has slapped me in the face all at once. The tingling has kicked off, I have a crampy pins and needles feeling in my little finger and the one next to it as well and a bit of nerve pain, my period finished on Tuesday the following day I had loads of hunky discharge and the dull ache started again and to top it off I have a painful shoulder which I've also had for a year (after a fall) which I've had physio for but even they discharged me after 4 weeks. I've also got a skin cancer fear over a mark I found on my hand which my husband had confirmed he can barely even see!

My life is being controlled by the constant feeling like there's something always wrong, I even prebook doctors appointments every month "incase" I need them for something. I've taken cilatropram for 18 months finishing them last year as agreed between me and my doctor.

I also go on holiday in 7 weeks to California to visit my parents (for a 5 week stay) and that panics me as I know I'm away from my GP and our wonderful NHS and at the mercy of travel insurance...and I already pre empting the need for doctors appointments when I come back to follow up on my hand and fingers, shoulder, the tingling and knowing my luck abnormal spotting before I even go 🙁

Sorry that was an epic first post, I probably sound as mad as I feel!

Leanne27
31-05-17, 19:49
I'm so sorry you feel like this. I feel the exact same I've had all sorts of awful symptoms! Still do numbness tingling creepy crawly feelings, pain aches, currently a bad shoulder and arm which I'm obsessed over! I've even paid in the past for private I've been that obsessed. Just wanted to let u no your not alone xx