PDA

View Full Version : Don't no how to carry on...constant ms worry...please someone speak to me

Leanne27
31-05-17, 17:06
Hi to those who read my post thank you so much if you reply.
I don't no how to carry on any more.
I have this constant fear and worry of ms I can't shake feeling I have it or am destined to. I have had many other fears of others in the past aswell.

I developed a bad shoulder about 3 weeks ago which has really eased now but I started to scratch my arms to see if I had any number patches and low and behold I have an area on my left upper arm of a loss of sensation patch I can't say it's numb numb cause I do feel it but it feels different to the other side. I have scratched and scratched one minute I will think oh it feels the same then the next I'm like no it defiantly lost some sensation. Sounds crazy I know ow but I've scraped it applied hot spoon on it to see if I can feel it which I can i have honestly gone crazy over it and I think now my skin is a bit dry so I've made it worse. I'm not convinced in going weak in that arm so I keep testing and living heavy things. I'm petrified. My GP said it's nothing and if it was something bad it would spread and I would be able to stick a pin in it and not feel it. But I'm driving myself insane. I can't bare this any more 😢 I am crying at work crying at home crying in the shops. I'm driving my husband mad. Could this be due to me scratching the slight loss of sensation?? Have it done this to myself? I can't get back to see my GP till next Wednesday. 5 hank you for reading.

Alex78
31-05-17, 21:52
Poor you. I've had health anxiety in relation to MS and can honestly say I had every symptom going. I was convinced that I had it. Had come to terms with it really. I saw a neurologist and ended up with a brain scan. I didn't have it, of course. And as soon as I was reassured of this, every single symptom disappeared.

It can all be explained by anxiety. This will pass for you as it did for me. I know that doesn't help very much. Don't google, try to stay calm. Hope you feel better soon.

anxiousargentino
01-06-17, 02:47
Do you really trust us more than your GP??? Don't waste your time on another visit then, it won't be enough for you...

Leanne27
01-06-17, 18:11
Thank you for your lovely reply on your first post it means alot that I am not alone.

As for the second reply. I am actually quite shocked! I have came on here for encouragement not to be spoken to like that. I am suffering emensily and I do regularly see my GP and now your saying I jusy shouldn't go cause I don't trust them? It's not a case of me not trusting them I go round in circles and I am trying to get the help I need. Not for someone to come on my post and post something negative please do not post if you cannot say something nice. Isn't it a know phenomenon that people with health anxiety doubt their doctor?

Anxiety is crippling especially health anxiety. I posted this post to see if anyone had anything simular.

I don't think I will use his site anymore.

Catherine S
01-06-17, 18:40
Leanne, you mentioned pain as well as the strange feeling, could it be a trapped nerve? If MS is your particular fear then everything will point to it for you. But try to remember that there are so many different things it could be that aren't a serious condition or illness. Health anxiety always draws us to the worst thing if we Google symptoms, whereas non-HA sufferers will look at all the conditions mentioned, starting with the least fearsome ones! Such is life with HA.

You'll find plenty of good advise on the forum...stick with it :)

ISB x

liah
01-06-17, 18:50
Leanne, hi!
I had the MS fear 1 year ago, because I started having what doctors call L'Hermitte's Sign.
I had every single symptom of MS. My doctor even asked for a brain scan cause I could'nt calm down! The results came back normal, and after I was able to relax, the symptons were gone! Try staying positive! You don't have MS.

Leanne27
01-06-17, 19:17
Thank you ever so much for your lovely replys. I did have a few trapped nerve problems in my neck I think this was from tensing as I could not relax my shoulders or arms! And clenching my teeth. They have eased now and I have this slight slight loss of sensation patch but one minute I think it's in my head then I think maybe it's always been like that. I've had this ms fear for 3 years now and between this I managed to over come it for about 19 months and it's recently flared massively again. My GP is wonderful and very good woth me but obviously as alot of us do we tend to doubt. I just want to get on with my life and be happy and worry free. My husband doesn't understand me either. This is why I come on here. And I've gotten quite upset about the comment about trusting people on here more than my GP. I have never once said that I come on here for support and to express myself because other than speaking to my GP this is the only other place I can do that.

Thank you lovely people for your support xxx

maianixon
01-06-17, 19:36
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had a phase of a couple of weeks when I felt like my whole spine went numb - I did the hot spoon thing too and worse to check and end up going to A&E about it where they told me it was nothing but anxiety and it did end up going away afterwards. Anxiety can easily cause numb patches, as well as constant checking can make you doubt everything and whether it feels right. For example, at some point of my HA I convinced myself my visual perception was off when in reality it was fine, it wasn't even impaired by anxiety, I was just checking to the point that I didn't trust my eyes anymore.

At the moment I am also going through MS fear, I have every symptom possible, but numerous GPs have ensured me it's all just anxiety. I know how you feel and I feel like such a hypocrite saying this, but anxiety can really make you feel awful symptoms that are based on nothing. The first step could be to try to stop yourself from obsessively checking, I know how difficult that is, but it really just makes you doubt everything about your body even if it's perfectly normal.