PDA

View Full Version : Dont know whats happening in my head

tonman95
01-06-17, 11:44
Hi,

I am a 22 year old male from the UK. Im totally new to this forum but have came looking for answers to how ive been feeling recently. Its like my mind is constantly on overdrive over analyzing constantly thinking looking deep into things. Im never at peace with myself, it feels like everything around me is just moving on and i just feel numb watching the world pass by. I keep having these thoughts about life, humans what we are why are we so complex, why are we the most eveolved stupid things like that and when i analyze these thoughts it makes me more and more anxious to the point i feel like i am heading towards physcosis and going to go crazy. This has been a constant worry for me for about a month or so now. I have briefly spoke to my doctor about this but they played it down. I also have been having thse thoughts were i force myself to think of something silly like something bad is going to happen to me and then worry im going crazy for having these thoughts, even though i deep down dont beleive anything is going to happen. Im really struggling keeping my thoughts under control and im scared this is going to start affectting my job and take over my life in general.

I would appreciate anyones input on the above.

Cheers!

Liquid
01-06-17, 14:42
It's actually really common to have intrusive existential thoughts during periods of anxiety. I've had my fair share of this sort of thinking and I can assure you, despite how it may feel, you will not go crazy.

That seems to always be one of the fears underneath it all, is that we are losing ourselves in thoughts that we don't want to have. It may sound both entirely too simple and extremely difficult, however I've come to find that the best way of conquering issues like this is to "be okay" with the thoughts and not let them bother you.

I'm not telling you to be okay with having them for the rest of your life. I think the reason you can't get rid of them is because you fear them so much. If you can take the time to understand that everyone has thoughts like these from time to time, but a more anxious mind will grab the thoughts and give them an emotional response, you will understand that by being okay with the thoughts being there for now, that they will eventually begin to subside.

The more we fear and fight something, the more the brain reminds us to remember them, because it views it as a threat.

tonman95
01-06-17, 15:15
Hi Liquid,

Thanks for your reply, i really appreciate that. I think you're right a lot of the thoughts are based on fear, heance why they become so repetitive. Im hoping i can practise accepting thoughts rather than picking each one up and letting them consume me.

Autumnx1003
02-06-17, 11:06
My anxiety in the last year or two has very much focused on the types of thoughts you've described. Shakes me to my very core! Starting another round of therapy soon with a different practitioner, so I'm hoping for some relief. Hugs to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk