PDA

View Full Version : New Here- Health Anxiety

Anne1989
01-06-17, 13:30
Hi Everyone,

I have read many of these posts, but just joined yesterday. I have severe health anxiety, and have been going to a therapist for about eight weeks.

I've always had health anxiety, the first time my parents realized something was going on was when I was eight, and would be terrified of blood tests (not the actual taking of the blood, but just the results).

Recently, I have been suffering from a couple of chronic illnesses (nothing that will kill me, just impacts my quality of life, until hopefully I can get it under control). This has led to a hike in my health anxiety (thus seeing a therapist). For about one hour everyday I convince myself I have a new chronic illness, am dying, or need to go to the ER until I can eventually calm myself down. This forum has been very helpful for that.

I hope all of us can find peace in our lives, and I am so sorry to everyone who has been suffering from the different types of anxiety. I think once we reach out and get help, we all can, and will get better.

venusbluejeans
01-06-17, 13:36
Hiya Anne1989 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
02-06-17, 17:42
Glad to have you with us, Anne.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

YsabellaBug
04-06-17, 06:51
I'm similar. I have asthma and neuropathy(tingling numbness in my toes and fingers). They affect my quality of life, yes. HOWEVER, I'm always left thinking, "what if I'm finally having a stroke/heart attack/ blood clot/ dumb improbable illness.
I feel the one hour of nightly stress. I resonate with that. I find that keeping a journal of exactly what I stress about each night helps me connect the dots.

If I'm dehydrated and panic over a headache I can clearly see the cause and affect. If I think I'm going to pass out due to heart failure, I can see it's just pms.