PDA

View Full Version : I ate a pinkish hamburger

Arukaia
01-06-17, 16:49
Hello,

I went to very fancy restaurant and ordered a hamburger, it arrived not rare but somewhat all around pink. It didn't look raw but not 100% done either.

Now I'm panicking because I ate it because of my mom who said it's fine and it was her money and I kinda was too afraid to tell the to cook it further. I know this is how they often do hamburgers at fancy places, even rare in the middle.

But I have exam in a week and I'm panicking that I'm going to be ill.

Thoughts please?

Fishmanpa
01-06-17, 17:07
Trump likes his steaks well done and eats them with ketchup! :emot-puke: There are some that consider that blasphemy! ~lol~

What is a hamburger made of and why would it be any different than a steak in the way it's cooked?

Positive thoughts

Arukaia
01-06-17, 18:35
Well ground beef is mixed so the bacteria are all over the place, not only on the outside like in the case of steak. So I am anxious now, but thank you!

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

Please anyone else thoughts?

SLA
01-06-17, 18:51
if its not raw its not a problem.

worriermama
01-06-17, 20:07
I order my burgers medium rare and have on occasion eaten them rare. If it were really risky, they would not serve them this way in restaurants.

Even if you did get sick from it due to some kind of spoilage, you would in ALL likelihood be unwell for 1-2 days max. Most food poisoning is a huge pain but passes fairly quickly.

Sixpack
01-06-17, 22:44
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my steaks cooked medium rare and my burgers the same way. In fact if my burger is not a good pink inside it just ain't good.

You can worry if you want, but it is a waste of a worry. Now. You have me craving a burger!!!!!!!! A good, juicy, and a bit of a red one!!

Arukaia
01-06-17, 22:46
Thank you everyone, I think im just anxious and that makes my belly hurt.

Sixpack
01-06-17, 22:48
Wait staff often ask how the customer wants his/her burger cooked. Some folks like them to cook the hell out of them and some, many, like pink or even red inside. This is not an uncommon occurrence. Again worry if you want....

Arukaia
01-06-17, 22:55
Worry if you want is not really a good advice :) but yes, you are probably right

Fishmanpa
01-06-17, 23:10
Worry if you want is not really a good advice :) but yes, you are probably right

I beg to differ. Spot in IMO. There are only a few things in life that we have control over. One of them is "choice". Life is unpredictable but often times we have the freedom of choice in what we think, say and do. In this case you have a choice. The positive one is to listen to the logical part of your brain and the reassuring answers of several members :)

Positive thoughts

Mel_82
01-06-17, 23:24
I only eat my burgers medium rare and I've never gotten sick.

Fishmanpa
02-06-17, 00:31
I only eat my burgers medium rare.

My fav too... with provolone, bacon and red onion :emot-drool:

Positive thoughts and a side of fries

Sixpack
02-06-17, 11:02

IT is sound advice. All it says is if you CHOOSE too worry over this it is foolishness. However If you want to waste time doing so, go for it.

willous1
02-06-17, 12:25
In fancy restaurants there would be somethi g wrong if it didn't come out pink in the middle. Quality beef is cooked that way. I've been to a couple and asked them to cook it linger as I didn't like the look of it