PDA

View Full Version : Throat tightness

Hope1992
01-06-17, 19:17
Hi everybody, I am new to this website but I'm excited to be here and it's so helpful to read other people's stories and to know that I'm not alone. Recently I have been experiencing some tightness in my throat and it's giving me major anxiety. I've had my lymph nodes checked and all is normal, I've had my thyroid checked they found tiny cystic nodules but nothing that concerns my doctors at all. It just feels like my shirt is a little too tight around my lower neck. When I am not thinking about it or if I am busy I don't even feel it, which leads me to believe that it's anxiety, but I'm just not sure. Has anyone dealt with anything like this, and how did you overcome it? I can't stop thinking that it's something serious. Thank you so much for your input!

Anne1989
01-06-17, 21:23
Hi Hope,

Yes, oh boy have I experienced this. It feels like a loose shirt is tight around my neck and sometimes even makes swallowing difficult. Now that you have heard back from the doctor and you know everything is okay I would try some relaxation exercises or meditation. There are some phone apps that help with that.

I'm sorry, it is one of my least favorite anxiety symptoms as it makes me feel so tight and nervous.

lior
01-06-17, 23:27
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globus_pharyngis

I get this ^^

Does it sound familiar to you?