PDA

View Full Version : Ive just about had enough!!!!

Kay8010
01-06-17, 21:24
My anxiety is SKY HIGH right now as I still have this horrid tickling throat and coughing fits at night BUT now i have a left sided pain in my mid back. I have it every damn day! Then I move my left shoulder forward the sharp pain strikes and then i get it when i breathe in deeply also!

Ive had chest xray, spirometey test, steroid spray, double dose PPI's and now the GP is blaming my weight!!!! I really cannot cope anymore with all thses symptoms I am having.

I am trying to think rationally but I just cant comprehend how nothing is working, I AM FED UP and terrified its lung cancer or some cancer pressing an organ causing the cough and pain!

Sorry guys I really am struggling right now, feel like giving up!

Someone please just talk to me 😞

Anne1989
01-06-17, 21:27
Hi kay,

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. Chances are the intense coughing is probably hurting your back. You have done all the tests so I am sure you are okay. I don't think cancer really works that way where it presses up on other organs unless it is at a stage where it obviously would have shown up in all the tests, and manifested itself in much more symptoms.

You are okay, but the more you relax the better other things will feel. I wish I could take my own advice, but that of course is the hallmark of health anxiety.

i hope you feel better.

ktdid2000
01-06-17, 21:29
I had a cough going on 3 months after I got bronchitis one time. Pretty much convinced myself I had LC too!

I had a chest x-ray that came back clear and that pretty much nicked that idea. I had pain under my ribs because I used to hack so hard. It was FAR worse at night because of coughing during the day, like attacks almost every night. Sucked.

It did eventually subside but it took a long time during which my anxiety about it went through the roof. After it did finally go away I realized how silly I had been about the whole thing.

I've had that same sequence happen to me about 3 times so far.

Kay8010
01-06-17, 21:45
Hi both.

Thanks so mcuh for responding, terrified is an understatement right now. This pain in the back is deiving me nuts, been there for 3 weeks now, same area and same spot, its freaking me out so badly, im feeling like I cant carry on right now or anymore as whats the flipping point! This cough started 5 months ago, im tired of it!

Anne1989
01-06-17, 22:07
I totally understand, it is hard to focus on anything else. I think with time this will pass.

Kay8010
01-06-17, 22:26
I totally understand, it is hard to focus on anything else. I think with time this will pass.

Thank you its nice to know someone has had a similar experience, its debilitating for me

Kay8010
04-06-17, 18:41
Right so now when I move my left arm or press on my left ribs onmy back i get a striking pain in my back on the same area by my ribs. I am now told my left side looks different than the right. There seems to be a fleshy area on the left area where the pain is under the skin on top of my rib.

I am stressing and crying now as with all the coughing and stuff i could have a tumor on my lung or rib. Im so scared and petrified how can I live like this anymore?