PDA

View Full Version : Strange heart palpitations.

willous1
02-06-17, 07:27
Hi everyone.

Since yesterday morning I keep having this thing where my heart js beating normal then suddenly I get this uneasy feeling amd my heart stops for a second then beats again. I keep putting my finger on my neck pulse and it is literally like it skips a beat then a stronger one comes. I did some running dowm the gym the day before yeaterday and put it down to that but it's still here this morning. I'm worried sick. Can't be caffeine or sugar as I cut that out 7 weeks ago. I did it to be more healthy and have lost a stone and a half. What the hell is happening.

---------- Post added at 07:27 ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 ----------

I've never had this before.

Hypomean
02-06-17, 07:34
If it's a new symptom with your heart it is best to get it checked out by a doctor. The reason I come on here for reassurance (which is bad) is because I have had the all clear from a doctor. I know my diagnosis is anxiety.
But if it's new and you don't have the anxiety diagnosis then it's better safe then sorry.

willous1
02-06-17, 09:46
Thanks.

I've literally just been so sick with worry. I'm shaking now. I'm at work and don't know what to do

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 ----------

I've got doctors at 2.45. I had a meal this afternoon with my director as a thank you for the hard work last few months and my health/anxiety has ****ed it again. I hate it.

bin tenn
02-06-17, 14:12
I agree it's best to see your doc, so good for you for taking that step. That doesn't mean something is wrong - that sounds like typical, benign palpitations. But sometimes it can be due to an underlying issue, you get treatment, and you're good to go. Either way, I believe you'll be just fine. Let us know how it goes and I hope you feel well soon.

willous1
02-06-17, 14:32
Thank you bin tenn. Im here now.

Sheeplove
02-06-17, 17:22
Always best to see a doctor but I have palpitations too from time to time. Went to dr who referred me to a cardiologist. I had the works: echo, ekg, 24 hr heart monitor - nothing came back abnormal. They said it's most likely anxiety and I read online usually if you suffer anxiety then palpitations can be a common occurrence. They said it's usually concerning when coupled with other symptoms like shortness of breath, dizziness etc..
Good luck! Seeing a doctor will put you at ease :)

nhelen79
02-06-17, 18:39
I have similar symptoms and went to the doctor. Now she wanted me to have more testing. Please go and check, don't assume it's anxiety.

Fishmanpa
02-06-17, 18:55
I have similar symptoms and went to the doctor. Now she wanted me to have more testing. Please go and check, don't assume it's anxiety.

He did and logged off. So, based on his post history, I would bet on all is well.

Concerning your situation? Of the tens of thousands of posts I've read, there have been a few where there was something medically happening but I know of only two that were serious and they handled it and are fine now. Assuming goes both ways. Until you get tested, don't assume.

Positive thoughts

willous1
02-06-17, 19:15
Thanks for your comments. I've been and I'm still having them. ECG Monday, bloods Tuesday but he said he's not concerned. I'm still anxious and it's like I want to bring on symptoms they asked if I had like sickness etc. I hate anxiety sometimes. He said it could just be benign and was really good for me. I want to forget about it over the weekend and hope it goes away.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Hoping the feelings I'm feeling are just anxiety now. Short breath...sick

nhelen79
02-06-17, 20:07
He did and logged off. So, based on his post history, I would bet on all is well.

Concerning your situation? Of the tens of thousands of posts I've read, there have been a few where there was something medically happening but I know of only two that were serious and they handled it and are fine now. Assuming goes both ways. Until you get tested, don't assume.

Positive thoughts

Thank you Fishmanpa. Your words always make me feel better. Yes I will try not to assume that I have something until the testings are completed

willous1
02-06-17, 21:10
I know I can be dramatic but this place helps so much. Fishmanpa has been a life saver in the past and is a real legend.

I'm going to try and forget about this until Monday even if I have symptoms.

nhelen79
02-06-17, 21:49
I know I can be dramatic but this place helps so much. Fishmanpa has been a life saver in the past and is a real legend.

I'm going to try and forget about this until Monday even if I have symptoms.

yup, my exact thought too. Have a good weekend, everyone

willous1
03-06-17, 11:12
Feel quite sick and tired this morning, hoping that's the anxiety. When I'm doing something or distracted the palpitations don't happen as much, it's odd.

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 ----------

Can someone help me. I've just weighed myself as I'm on a diet and lost 8 pounds since last Sunday. It is cancer surely. I know you shouldn't Google but I usually lose 2 pound.

Bike Rider
03-06-17, 11:31
First, I have palpitations of one sort or another all my life and I have weight trained whilst having them, ran, golfed, etc.

I am now 60+ so 45 yrs later and I am ok. Had ECG's all is ok. I now read that the healthy heart need palpitations to keep it on top of things so to speak.

You have answered your own question, you are on a diet and you exercise. I have just started back at the gym and with smaller food portions and a personal trainers 3 times a week I lost 10lb in 2 weeks.

Go and get it checked, but dont worry, when we do something different the body reacts in funny ways.

willous1
03-06-17, 12:47
Thanks, I should know more than most what the body is capable of.

willous1
08-06-17, 20:07
I have not heard anything from Mondays ECG or Tuesdays blood so I'm hoping that means all is fine. Anyone with experience know how quickly a gp would read an ECG. I got so anxious when having it I nearly fainted.

My palpitations stopped then I had a bath a minute ago and they started again ....jjst hoping it's anxiety.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

Had exercise earlier as well. I was nervous during ECG and she said it made it all over the place but would a go be able to tell difference between anxiety and a real problem.

willous1
09-06-17, 04:44
Anyone

willous1
09-06-17, 10:07
ECG and bloods all perfect, I'm so happy. Must be anxiety.

vincy
09-06-17, 18:45
If it's a new symptom with your heart it is best to get it checked out by a doctor. The reason I come on here for reassurance (which is bad) is because I have had the all clear from a doctor. I know my diagnosis is anxiety.
But if it's new and you don't have the anxiety diagnosis then it's better safe then sorry.

I never got mine checked out by a doctor, but mine is most certainly anxiety. Always better to be safe than sorry when talking about the heart, though. I'd just go get it checked out real quick :)

WiredIncorrectly
09-06-17, 19:39
I first had an experience similar to yours when I was 18. Now 15 years later I still have them, and hate them. They never get easier. I've recalled hundreds of episodes that were "bad" and knocked me for six.

I don't have a cure, or any advice, but some people have them disappear once their anxiety is better.