PDA

View Full Version : Just starting Clomipramine

milliemoo
02-06-17, 10:29
I have just started this after being taken off Lofepramine as it was causing panic attacks, something which I have never had before! I have anxiety which I have been trying to treat for two years now. SSRI's didn't do the trick so the Dr is now trying me on the old TCA's. I am 4 days into this and so far have felt very sick first thing in the morning and a bit spacey.

One of the big things that I get anxious about is that I'm not going to find a medication that is going to make me better.

panic_down_under
02-06-17, 12:39
SSRI's didn't do the trick so the Dr is now trying me on the old TCA's.

...One of the big things that I get anxious about is that I'm not going to find a medication that is going to make me better.

You still have a lot of options if clomipramine doesn't work, other TCAs, SNRIs, MAOIs, and a couple of antidepressants in categories of their own.

milliemoo
03-06-17, 12:59
Day 5

Woke up this morning with terrible anxiety and intrusive thoughts.... I know it is just the tablets as days 4 and 5 are usually pretty challenging when starting a new tablet - Nonetheless still not nice.

However I don't feel as nauseous today but still don't have much of an appetite. I have taken to drinking sparkling water and find this helps a bit.

I really need to get to grips with my anxiety - I have a fear of being alone and a fear of depression, due to previous anxiety.

My previous bout of anxiety caused horrendous intrusive thoughts about self harm, this was diagnosed as OCD eventually and successfully treated with Sertaline, However, I still have a VERY strong fear of Suicide....hence the anxiety over depression and the fear of being alone. I am hoping that this medication will help the anxiety enough for me to go to therapy to deal with the issues, as at present I don't feel strong enough to do that.

Ethansmom
29-06-17, 15:47
I'm curious to know how you are feeling now?