PDA

View Full Version : Memory Impairment

Mike B
03-06-17, 13:59
I have been taking Pregabalin (Rewiska) for a few months now for GAD. I have noticed that I sometimes struggle to remember words half way through a sentence. I know that this is listed as a side effect. Do any other Pregabalin takes suffer similar problems?

I am 150mg per day in 3 50mg doses. However if pregabalin is the cause of my memory problems I will be extremely tempted to stop taking them.

Thanks

hanshan
06-06-17, 13:04
Hi Mike - I think everyone struggles to find words from time to time. We've all got literally tens of thousands of words, names, dates and numbers packed away in the brain - it's amazing that the right ones pop out in a logical order most of the time.

Pregabalin may be exacerbating this situation somewhat, but nobody can say for sure how much, and it's unlikely to disappear entirely without pregabalin. I actually found that the reduction in anxiety actually helped me to concentrate on what I was saying, but that's just my experience.

mary jane
06-06-17, 21:13
I have been taking Pregabalin (Rewiska) for a few months now for GAD. I have noticed that I sometimes struggle to remember words half way through a sentence. I know that this is listed as a side effect. Do any other Pregabalin takes suffer similar problems?

I am 150mg per day in 3 50mg doses. However if pregabalin is the cause of my memory problems I will be extremely tempted to stop taking them.

Thanks

150 mg is not a high dose ..you can experience some "brain fog" at 300 mg ..I used to take it for nerve pain and after 3- 4 months I did have some memory problems but nothing too major. Maybe give it a few more weeks and see how you get on :)