PDA

View Full Version : Window's Blue Screen Of Death!

Bigboyuk
03-06-17, 14:46
Hi Folks just a few tips to try if it happens to any of you. It's happened twice now in about 4 months managed to fix it before quite easily, but forgot the second time (today) how to restore it back working. So called Microsoft support who wanted £150 to fix the problem, I thought there is no way they are getting my money :eek: Here is a very good tip to try: Simple power off completely the pc not just stand by, leave for 30 mins and power on again there are several screen options to select one is Set Up it's not that one, another is BIOS Settings or some thing. But in fact it's F10 on your keyboard this will restore normal operation so no need for Tech support and certainly no need to pay any thing either. HTH somebody though :) Cheers

Hollow
03-06-17, 15:35
Blue screen of death is usually caused by a corrupt system update or bad driver , if it's a software issue then it can be fixed easily by using System Restore to restore your system to a previous date when it was stable. It could also be a hardware issue usually caused by faulty RAM or hard drive which has developed bad sectors. Glad you fixed it without being ripped off by Microsoft.

Bigboyuk
03-06-17, 16:00
Yes and didn't need to even do system restore! Just a simple power off restored it :) Yes couldn't believe Microsoft wanted paying to fix something so simple it beggars belief Ahh Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
03-06-17, 16:14
There's loads of articles out there about fixing it. I had to fix mine a few months back.

Update all drivers through Device Management one at a time. If one is in compatible, roll it back to the previous one. DM will show any problems it can see with yellow triangles next to the hardware.

Before that though you run the system checks to see if it can find any errors. This is pretty quick. Running the disc check, which you do before this step, takes a fair few hours to look for disc errors (mine took about 7 hours).

Mine had been happening for a while. It was a problem on Windows 10 from the start and advice was sparse for it when I first looked. So, I lived with it for ages first. My BSOD was the page memory issue. I couldn't roll back because it went on for ages and started soon after I bought the laptop. I didn't fancy doing an installation and update for so long.

If you roll back you can determine which update caused it.

Googling the BSOD message will get you to forums & articles discussing it.

Fishmanpa
03-06-17, 18:19
If this has happened twice, it's time to get an external drive, save everything you want to save (should do that anyway) and think about either a clean install or even a new computer.

Positive thoughts