PDA

View Full Version : Dreading going on plane:(

Aimee1875
03-06-17, 20:57
I go on holiday to Spain 2 weeks on monday. Been booked for close to a year and have been slowly dreading it but it's came around so quickly I'm terrified now. Only been on a plane a handful of times when I was younger as family is also not keen on flying so have never really experienced it often. I'm still fixated on having a brain tumour after being told of a curved optic nerve February last year. In the past few days I've seen stories on people flying and taking funny turns and ending up having a bt. I don't want to ruin the holiday for everyone else and I'm petrified of falling ill while being away up in the sky! I'm so mixed between excitement for going away on a break but also imagine myself not making it there:( any advice would be appreciated,this bt fear has gone on too long for me I'm just miserable now.

ServerError
04-06-17, 10:13
Are you seeking treatment for your anxiety? That's all the advice you need, really.

Aimee1875
04-06-17, 15:19
I'm not getting treated for it. It's comes and goes and there's good days and bad days I try my hardest not to let it get to me. Im just about to move house in a few days and I think the stress of that is what's making it resurface:(

Aimee1875
10-06-17, 22:57
Almost a week to go and I've never dreaded something so much. I've got this fear that once we get in the air my body won't be able to take the altitude change and my head will explode or something. It's stuck in my brain that I won't make it to Spain once on the plane or something will happen once I'm there. I just can't shake this brain tumour fear,it's making me so ill:( what is everyone's tactics to calm down on a plane????

WiredIncorrectly
11-06-17, 00:04
Almost a week to go and I've never dreaded something so much. I've got this fear that once we get in the air my body won't be able to take the altitude change and my head will explode or something. It's stuck in my brain that I won't make it to Spain once on the plane or something will happen once I'm there. I just can't shake this brain tumour fear,it's making me so ill:( what is everyone's tactics to calm down on a plane????

Scared of planes too. I worry that once I'm in the air if I have a medical problem such as asthma, heart problems or a stroke I'm pretty much doomed. I wish I knew how to get rid of it. I fear my anxiety is adding additional stress to my body which will increase the chances of something bad happening.

Would the doctor prescribe a lorazepam or valium to take before the flight? I know that would help me a lot.

Aimee1875
11-06-17, 00:22
Scared of planes too. I worry that once I'm in the air if I have a medical problem such as asthma, heart problems or a stroke I'm pretty much doomed. I wish I knew how to get rid of it. I fear my anxiety is adding additional stress to my body which will increase the chances of something bad happening.

Would the doctor prescribe a lorazepam or valium to take before the flight? I know that would help me a lot.

That's exactly how I feel,as if once I'm up something's going to go wrong health wise and that's it for me. I was on a train the other day and it was jam packed with people and I was panicking so badly about needing to get off and squeezing past people and all the noise,if I can't cope with a train then flying is 100x worse! I've just moved house and yet to move doctors so can't really go to my old one,I suppose I'm just going to have to grin and bare it! I bought some earplanes hoping that they will reduce the likeness of ear pain etc,I just want to go away for a break but it seems the whole stress of it is making the thought unenjoyable:(