PDA

View Full Version : It's been awhile (lymph nodes).

Mav
03-06-17, 21:49
Okay so I know I'm better with my health anxiety. I am not waking up worried or constantly worrying.

One thing that bothers me, and is bothering me and giving me split second thoughts every now and again is when I look aat my neck in the mirror, or tilt it backwards I can see a slight bump where the node is.

Now 7 months gone by, I have had a chest X-ray, a blood test, a ENT checkup, a camera up my nose, and lastly an ultrasound where the lady said "I promise there is nothing abnormal" and then I collected by reports and the ENT said my results were "very good" and that the nodes are only 4mm enlarged.

Now that should be more than enough reassurance, and my friend joked and said I should stop draining the national health service :blush:

But what is giving me momentary doubts is 1) The larger node is still present and doesn't, and never felt 4mm's. 2)I have two nodes, the other one could be 4mm's. Have they missed the larger node? and just told me about the tiny one on the other side. Is that possible?
3) The slight bump on one side of my neck bothers me (I'm not particularly skinny so when I tilt my head back, thats not the reason it shows).
and lastly, 4) I've had bumps and lumps that have come and gone since I first felt this node, the length of time it has been here bothers me a little.

I'm sorry to be a pain, I am actually doing better, I just wish I didn't have this split second thoughts. In those moments, I do remind myself of the things I've been told by the Dr's but I fall off the wagon a little when I think of those 4 things. I'm just hoping someone can just make me feel a it better about the 4 things I worry about.

Fishmanpa
03-06-17, 21:55
Have a think about the 1+cm nodes I had that turned into 5+cm nodes within a few months compared to perfectly normal 4mm nodes.

Positive thoughts

maianixon
03-06-17, 22:03
I have slightly enlarged nodes on one side of my neck, one can even be noticed sticking out a little bit if you know that it's there. I had a little HA freak out over them a couple of months ago, had them checked by a doctor and did a blood test and it was all fine. I've moved on from that fear and have been to multiple doctors since (for all the new HA fears that have emerged since :unsure: ) and most of them checked my nodes purely as part of procedure and I noticed how not even one of them as much as commented that they are slightly enlarged on one side, which leads me to believe that can be completely normal.

I guess nodes are just one of those things that can be a bit asymmetrical and all that, try not to overthink it, especially if you've been doing well, it will just make your fears worse :)