PDA

View Full Version : Pray for the world

Alexldn89
03-06-17, 23:14
Praying for all of my fellow Londoners who are caught up in tonight's attack - my heart is ****ing broken.
❤️

MyNameIsTerry
04-06-17, 01:29
Another terrible attrocity.

Wishing support to everyone in London tonight and especially to the victims, families, friends. Condolensces to the innocent dead.

I hope they get all the support they need, physical & mental, to recovery from this terrible incident.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::flowers:

Lola-Lee
04-06-17, 09:06
Ditto Terry,just heard there was Aussies injured in the attack.
:hugs:

akb
04-06-17, 09:44
Thats terrible

MyNameIsTerry
04-06-17, 16:34
Ditto Terry,just heard there was Aussies injured in the attack.
:hugs:

Sorry to hear that, Lola-Lee. I bet there are loads of Aussies in London.

Tourists get caught up in these things. Last night the BBC were talking to witnesses and one guy was a tour guide on his bus who saw people lying on the ground. He did an excellent job from his account in getting people safely out of there.

akb
05-06-17, 04:51
Sorry to derail this thread, but I may be speaking for many when I say I find this outpouring of grief for complete strangers a bit baffling. Is the life of an Aussie worth more than the life of an Afghan? Does it really matter what nationality the victims were? It was s horrific incident and I can emphasize with the victims and their loved ones, but apart from that my own personal struggles against mental illness have made me numb to events in the outside world. No impact on me whatsoever. That's how selfish I have become.

MyNameIsTerry
05-06-17, 04:59
Akb,

This a well wishing support thread so debate on that question might be better elsewhere? It's quite clear why Aussies were mentioned here, because the poster is one. It makes it more real to them. Isn't it the same when we read about one of our citizens murdered abroad?

I would agree with you though about being a bit detached but many people are regardless of mental health issues. Otherwise we would all just stop. 9/11 shocked us all...and back to work we went the next day and targets still have to be met.

Lola-Lee
05-06-17, 06:19
There are around 150,000 aussies living and working around the UK and I also know men that have been fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq,I am no Stranger too all these hideous attacks on people out and about enjoying life,it affects my anxiety issues d ifferent to yours akb.Terrorism can strike anywhere.