PDA

View Full Version : panic or dying

trish1955
08-05-07, 09:03
well got up this mornin and with in min i was in a right anxiouse state have a panic attack sure it felt diffrent was sure i was going to die now left full of anxiety and will be drained of energy all day i was dropping the resue remdy in and trying to do eft or tft wish ever they are both same i think
it took it down a little but its going round and round in my head wondering if i will have another one today just wished it would go away you no yr first panic attack come from no were just out the blue why can,t they go the same way thanks for being here trish

nanny
08-05-07, 09:18
Hi Trish

well i know exactly how you feel, when i first had mine i was waiting for them to happen and they did time and time again, and thats just it !!!!!!
Because you are waiting for it, the more anxious you get and probably will get one, i don't want to frighten you but thats what happens.

try not to think about it, i know that is easier said than done, but if you do think about them just think in a positive way if you can, tell yourself that although it frightened the life out of you NOTHING happend, you got through it, if you think like this or try to it may make things easier for you to cope with.
I really do know how bad it is so i don't want to sound like it's nothing cause i know how damn scary it can be. But you CAN get through it, you Will get thorugh it, the more you think that way the less likely it will be to happen.

Thinking of you :hugs:

jill
08-05-07, 09:56
Hi trish

:hugs: :hugs: Hugs to you hun, so sorry to hear how you are feeling.

I know how dame hard it is to change the way you are thinking at the mo, it seems that we may wait around for the next panic, Please don't do this to yourself hun. I know its dame hard but try and distract yourself and keep busy.

What I was told by a therapist was, panic is truama, if you go over and over in your head how you may have another one you are causing more trauma, every time you think about panic, the brain thinks its in danger.

When we are trying to recover from panic, there is a time to think about the panic, how we can learn not to fear it and there is a time for distration, to totallyt distract the mind form any thought of panic.

High anxeity levels after panic are not time for try and learn how to deal with panic, Mrs anxiety will be there with all her what if's and negative's. At this high anxiety state after panic, this is time for distraction to try and distract your mind from thoughts of panic and anxiety. mmmm easyer said than done I know, but it is possible, it takes alot of hard work support and time.

The advice I was given on here a few years ago, was to number my panic, anxiety. If I hit full blown panic, this was a 10, a 10 is the worst it will get and a 0 was normal. I did find that by doing this, that some of the time I did not hit full blown panic, some 9's, some 8's, yes some 10's and some level 2's, 3 4 5's.

Just say one day going to shops I hit a 5, instead of ohhh boy, its a 5, its going to get worse, I tried sooo hard to change my thought patten to think, mmm a 5, its only a 5, I will be fine, it will pass, distract my mind from any thoughts or feelings I was getting, try sooo hard to chat about anything untill the level 5 past, because I new it would pass.

I know its dame hard Trish, but picture your thoughts of panic going round in your head, round round round, picutre you putting your hand out and saying STOP. even say this out loud if you can, STOP. swear if you like but tell the panic to get lost, whatever works for you, use self talk, try hard to learn to reasure yourself, if you have had panic, this does not mean another one will follow on that day.

You take care. I know how you are feeling, hang on in there, this will pass trish :hugs:

LOVE JILLXX

trish1955
08-05-07, 12:10
many thanks as always for being here to help yet again i still feel a bit crap and verey disapointed for haveing one as all last week i had been doing tft on myself and found i was beging to feel more at ease with my self and less fidgity as i am tense most of the time thought i was doing so well yet feel it was a big set back but trying to tell myself to keep on with the eft or tft wich ever as feel let down by it today thats what i d i try something start to feel ok then bang it happens then i think it dont work so give in to the awfull fears thanks any way i read what you both wrote and no yr right its me anxiety that dont belive you lol bye for now trish

looking4answers
09-05-07, 00:00
Well sweetie.. you are so much like me..it scares me when Im not sure ill have one or not..If I don't i worry cause im afraid im going to have one and then when i dont I feel like I have made a little progress.I think that i we stopped worrying about having them we wouldnt have as many ..I think that if you think of almost anything at the times you are worried about it then it helps to not have them ..I have been trying this and it seems to help maybe it will help you too.I also read somewhere to do something everyday that scares you and keep on doing it.. and it will go away .. so well im trying to practice what has been preached and its helping..Good Luck sweetie and keep the faith..

neptuno
09-05-07, 17:39
Hello Trish !
Keep tapping - it won't let you down. Use this set-up phrase

Even though I have these anxious feelings I know I have friends who understand how I feel and I deeply and completely accept who I am ......

Go for it Trish - I'm tapping too !
Be kind to yourself