PDA

View Full Version : Bumps on roof of mouth

IanSW
04-06-17, 15:09
Hi,
Five weeks ago I got a small bump, about 3 mm long, on the hard part of the roof of my mouth. It keeps getting bigger and smaller all the time, even during the period of one day. Eating food normally makes it bigger. But sometimes when I'm eating food it seems to burst and it goes completely flat. When it goes flat it takes from between 24-48 hours before the bump starts to become noticeable again.

Yesterday a new bump developed about 5-10 mm away from the original one. It also got bigger after eating. Anyone know what they might be? Might it be cancer? Will book an appointment with the doctor next week.

IanSW
05-06-17, 13:35
Looking on the net they seem to be mucoceles.

I have an idea about what might have caused the 2nd mucocele.

I had read that applying alum might be beneficial in getting rid of mucoceles, so I bought some and applied Saturday. Dabbed my thumb in the alum and held it to the mucocele or whatever it is. Did this every 3 hours holding my thumb in place for 10 mins at a time.

But, I'm not sure this might not have irritated the whole of the roof of my mouth. On a couple of occasions during that day the roof of my mouth to the side of the cyst seemed to swell up a bit a couple of times, but then went down after 5 mins. Can't recollect if this occurred shortly after applying the alum or not.

But I'm just wondering if this alum might have somehow precipitated the 2nd cyst/mucocele or whatever it is?

jefry
06-06-17, 14:42
The same.