PDA

View Full Version : hopeless

susie1
04-06-17, 21:24
I was desperate for just someone to reply. This is an amazing website for support but hearing nothing just produces more despair and belief that it is hopeless. Plus I have just read another post about someone being diagnosed with MS after tingling in hand moved to another limb in a couple of days and my tingling, burning is all over me.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Ok have waited and hoped for a reply. Anything. Feel so totally alone with this. Going to sign off. Health anxiety has wrecked my life for 30 years and looks like it's never going to stop

Riles99
04-06-17, 21:43
I have had the exact same thing as you for almost 3 years (I just posted a thread a couple hours ago) what are the odds that we both have MS? Not very likely. What are the odds we both have anxiety? Highly likely. When it first started I was where you were at but after a long time of worrying I finally decided to try to forget about it, and after a while it slowly disappeared. Sure it visits me ever so often in my anxious state and I still worry but I guess eventually we just gotta accept it no matter how much we don't want to.

susie1
04-06-17, 21:49
Thankyou for replying. Have you honestly had pins and needles like me? they are in my feet and my hands. A cold feeling sometimes travels up my arms and I get sort of random pin pricks. they seem to be there all the time. I even have a strange feeling in my tongue

Riles99
04-06-17, 22:30
I mainly just have the burning feeling. It goes away when I de-stress.

lofwyr
05-06-17, 00:30
I have had them all, virtually EVERY symptom of MS. I have had them when I wasn't even consciously feeling anxious, which is the only time it scared me, which then made me anxious, which then made me fear MS.

The thing is, somehow I got over it. I realized a couple of things. Untreated MS tends to progress. When it progresses, you would know it. If I have these same symptoms year after year for a decade, it likely isn't MS. The people I do know with MS (and I do know a few) all had much more persistent and obvious symptoms than the burning and tingling we get with anxiety.

The other thing to remember, is that MS is not exactly a death sentence. Recent studies have put long term survival with the bulk of MS patients as being pretty much unaffected regarding longevity. We fear it, but the truth is, for the people I know it is more a chronic condition, like diabetes, that they have learned to live with. Not fun, no, but it didn't end their world either.