PDA

View Full Version : new update on my anxiety and lymph nodes

Thelegend27
05-06-17, 00:46
As you all know in the past I have blown this forum up about my lymph nodes because really felt doomed.

But my anxiety continues to improve, but I still have days where it hits me hard, I rarely touch my nodes now, but I realized one thing, when one worry starts to fade another one manifests itself, and you will think it's silly, but I spent days poking my first rib that sits right below the collarbone swearing it was a lump, even though the right side also has the same lump the left side protrudes a little more, and this sent me into panic, but I learned that our ribs aren't completely symmetrical, and that one rib can stick out further than the opposite rib.

Anyways enough of all that, I just want you guys to know how I am improving and I hope you are as well. I have a doctors appointment on the 27th of June and I will discuss with him everything and hopefully I can get some good mental help.

I also found mold in my home, and we suspected mold for quite some time, but it finally appeared on our living room wall and confirmed our suspicion and I started wondering if maybe this could be a explanation for a lot of the problems me and my gf have had.

And another thing I finally found was that a hiatal hernia can cause afib, if you don't know already I get afib as a result from vomiting, and hiatal hernia can be genetic and my mother does have one, and I have all the symptoms for it, so if I do have one maybe I can get it repaired and that will eliminate the afib... Fingers crossed.

I just wanted to update you guys since I haven't been very active lately and I know some people find reassurance in hearing other people's stories and it can be worrisome e when you don't hear from them as if they received bad news.. So just letting you know I'm still doing good and nothing has changed with the nodes so that'd a good thing.

Take care everyone and stay positive.

siwz991
05-06-17, 13:43
Hey there, the same with me, nothing changed since few months and think docs are right. I had the same fear regarding my collarbone which is a bit bumpy on one side! Good to hear your doing well and it's all about our anxiety

Thelegend27
08-06-17, 04:40
Yeah anxiety can cause so many problems especially mentally.

I have a tiny bump near one of my saliva ducts on the bottom of my mouth, so I went to the internet searching salivary duct/gland cancer, and half way through reading I stopped and asked myself why are you doing this to yourself? And I closed the page and stopped right there because I knew a new fear was brewing up.

The key to beating this anxiety is to stop ourselves from obsessing over symptoms, and to stop reading the medical sites. Medical sites are very dangerous tools for someone who don't know what they are actually reading.

Stay strong and move on. Think positive thoughts and trust your doctors.

Jordan85
08-06-17, 08:08
I have exactly the same thing with my first rib on the left hand side. I've been monitoring it for months - no change in size etc, so I'm guessing it's just the rib. But it triggered all sorts of things for me. Basically while I've been on here I learned about nodes so I started checking myself, then noticed this below my collarbone - not sure if it was always like that or not - then wondered if it does swell what should that affect? - then I thought I might experience issues swallowing at some stage - and here's where I'm at with my current fear.