PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety or something else, anyone else relate?

tan235
05-06-17, 08:06
I'm wondering if anyone else can relate to this?
I've had anxiety for many, many years.
It started as panic attacks and now 20 years later it's just anxiety - mainly GAD.
Not social but just an overall sense of anxiety.
I'll be sitting, eating my dinner and I will feel weird, kinda like I'm dizzy or a drunk feeling, or almost like a stoned feeling (if I'm allowed to say that)
I just feel a bit out of whack - it's lasted about a month now.
Plus when I go to sleep: just as I'm falling asleep I'll wake up with a jolt, sometimes it's a full on panic attack and my heart is beating outside my chest.
I get weird jolts and nervous ticks at night time as well and then in the morning, I start to feel anxiety again.
It's nothing I can pinpoint, my life is stressful but isn't everyone's?
I'm a single Mum, I have my own business and there is a lot on my mind, but why do I still feel weird even though I don't have panic attacks, and why - years after having anxiety am I not capable of controlling it yet?!

Anyway, the main question - does anyone else feel like they are on the edge of a seizure all the time!?
That's the best way to describe it.
x

NGD99
05-06-17, 08:14
I am a 17yo teen with a very stressful life since I was a young boy. I have periods when I don't have anxiety at all and periods like this one when I think I have all the illnesses. I mainly have HA and a little social anxiety and I cant control them for a long period of time, so I can relate to you... :(

tan235
05-06-17, 08:21
Thanks for posting!

My advice, beat this while you're young ;)
I'm 40 and I've had it since I was 20 - I really don't want it anymore... you can fight this. x

NGD99
05-06-17, 09:12
I am trying hard but I cant... it seems that intelligent people have got this disorder... I've got 131IQ and this can be the logical explanation xD

tan235
06-06-17, 09:12
ha yes well I have a photographic memory and a high IQ as well - so maybe you're right ;)
Still - it's an awful affliction, I hate feeling super weird all the time like I'm going to have a seizure.