PDA

View Full Version : Abilify for Anxiety

Mermaid16
05-06-17, 09:39
Does anyone take abilify for anxiety. I'm thinking of asking to change to this from Olanzapine, as the weight gain is rediculous. Does anyone else take it, and what are your thoughts on it? Did you gain weight?

lliiaamm0099
05-06-17, 19:47
I had a patient once who suffered from Paranoid Personality Disorder who responded exceptionally well to Aripiprazole treatment.The drug reduced their anxiety substantially, they felt less agitated and tense around people and became more trustworthy of others. They also became more outgoing and engaged in more social activities and even looked for work. Aripiprazole can cause weight gain though but it is nowhere near as much as Olanzapine or Quetiapine. I think one of the main issues with Aripiprazole is that it has a tendency to cause more insomnia in people rather than sedate them which is required for anxious patients.

Mermaid16
05-06-17, 23:26
Thank you for your reply. They all seem to come with a negative don't they. Psych is on holidays, so will talk to her when she comes back and see what she suggests. Thank you for replying with your clients experience. Tracy

Jakemje
17-09-17, 03:05
I just ran across your post, but how did the abilify work for you?

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

And how much?

MyNameIsTerry
17-09-17, 07:30
I had a patient once who suffered from Paranoid Personality Disorder who responded exceptionally well to Aripiprazole treatment.The drug reduced their anxiety substantially, they felt less agitated and tense around people and became more trustworthy of others. They also became more outgoing and engaged in more social activities and even looked for work. Aripiprazole can cause weight gain though but it is nowhere near as much as Olanzapine or Quetiapine. I think one of the main issues with Aripiprazole is that it has a tendency to cause more insomnia in people rather than sedate them which is required for anxious patients.

^ Outed as a fake doctor and has since disappeared. In another post he said he was studying to become a doctor then 6 months later said he was fully qualified with multiple qualifications and 12 years practice experience :doh:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=200532

Jakemje
17-09-17, 15:48
I was hoping mermaid was still active and had good results on the med