PDA

View Full Version : Nails - Liver Pain

paranoidjh
05-06-17, 11:12
Me again.

Still frantically worrying about the red line on my nails. Also have dull ache around my right rib cage and now think it is liver pain. Has anyone had liver pain. I am driving myself mad.

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Has anyone got a red line across the tip of their nails, under the white bit

paranoidjh
05-06-17, 16:51
I can still see the red lines beneath the white growth and wonder if anyone else has this. 3062

Fishmanpa
05-06-17, 16:56
I think you're seeing things :huh:

Positive thoughts

paranoidjh
05-06-17, 16:59
I wish I was. I can see the red line around 3mm thick under the middle finger. Just below the white nail.

Fishmanpa
05-06-17, 17:14
I wish I was. I can see the red line around 3mm thick under the middle finger. Just below the white nail.

If you say so :shrug:

Positive thoughts

paranoidjh
05-06-17, 20:44
I can see the line, I've read about Terry's nails which can be a sign of liver disease, it is really making me panic. I know I'm not imagining it but I'm not sure that they've always been like this. I'm checking other people's nails and nobody else seems to have them.

Iwant2bhealthy
05-06-17, 20:53
I know someone who has liver disease and red lines across their nailes were not one of symptoms.

I read in your other post about this issue that you had shelllac done, and that you ripped it off on your own in December. Having shelllac alone is damaging to the nails. Ripping it off is making the damage worse. Take under consideration that nails grow at the speed of 2-3 mm per month. What you describe would he consistent with that damage you made.

paranoidjh
05-06-17, 22:43
Can anyone see the red line3064

Fishmanpa
06-06-17, 00:16
With respect... Where? My nails look exactly the same as that.

Positive thoughts

paranoidjh
06-06-17, 08:28
Immediately under the white of nail growth

Catherine S
06-06-17, 09:06
My nails also have the separation of colour just under the nail growth much like yours. When I look at mine, there's a definate colour change from the main part of the nail bed to a darker strip of pink, but if I press my fingertips hard against my palms the opposite happens...pink nail bed with a white strip :doh:

:)

paranoidjh
06-06-17, 11:21
I have just done that and I am exactly the same, I think I may be worrying over nothing. Maybe it is shellac damage - but after all this time????

Catherine S
06-06-17, 12:20
Well shellac damage isn't why my nails look the same as yours, so id say your nails look normal. We can so easily get caught up in obsessive self-examination and runaway thoughts. Some people focus on a single freckle and the look of it it becomes all consuming. Don't fall into the trap.

paranoidjh
06-06-17, 13:12
I am trying not to but I keep googling Terry's nails, altho when I look I do not think my nails are opaque white or of ground glass appearance. Do not want to go to the Dr's and ask him to look at my nails

Wilburis
06-06-17, 13:13
Hi

I note in your photos you are stretching your fingers.

Maybe they are blanching like when someone presses on your nails?

Maybe take a photo with your fingers relaxed and see it that makes a difference?

x

Fishmanpa
06-06-17, 13:21
Do not want to go to the Dr's and ask him to look at my nails

I really think you need to... seriously. You don't believe anyone here :shrug:

Good luck! Let us know what the doctor says!

Positive thoughts

paranoidjh
06-06-17, 22:39
When I relax my fingers slightly they don't look as pale but I can still see the red lines. It's weird. 3066

rainbow
07-06-17, 12:32
I can see it, mine are exactly the same. Have you asked your gp about it?

paranoidjh
07-06-17, 13:06
No I haven't, I feel really silly and my husband thinks I am mad. Can you post a photo of yours. Have you asked the GP about yours.

paranoid-viking
07-06-17, 20:02
I can still see the red lines beneath the white growth and wonder if anyone else has this. 3062

I dont see anything abnormal here. What about your doctor?

Melonpony
09-06-17, 02:50
This is what my nails look like.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

paranoidjh
09-06-17, 11:01
Sorry can't see anything.

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

The picture is not showing

rainbow
10-06-17, 23:08
No I haven't, I feel really silly and my husband thinks I am mad. Can you post a photo of yours. Have you asked the GP about yours.

I've never really thought anything of it so have'nt considered seeing my gp.

paranoid-viking
12-06-17, 00:10
Terrys nails????
Never heard of such a thing. And there is absolutely nothing unusual or abnomral about your fingers. Not even sure if you should see a doctor, as you would probably be waisting their time and ocupy time and space for people who really need to see a doctor.

BloomingAnxiety!
01-03-21, 10:25
Hi. Did you ever find out the cause of this or if its just normal please? My nails look exactly like yours - but both blood work and ultrasound normal! Thank you