PDA

View Full Version : Tinnitus or something worst?

ronnijade
05-06-17, 15:50
I won't babble on but my health anxiety has REALLY settled as of recent. I can now see things logically and not panic asap.

I've had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. 20yr old female no health issues.

Now last night since about midnight, instead of the usual high pitched ringing that's there that I've gotten used to, I now have a deep set humming/buzzing noise is my right ear. Strangely enough it goes away for a few moments if I hear a plane engine humming in the background/if I make a humming noise but then it's back. It kind of feels like affected ear is blocked as well. Anyone else ever had this? Typical of tinnitus? I just want to know what's normal so I know this isn't anything to worry about! :unsure:

domril26
06-06-17, 15:26
Yep. Had tinnitus for half a year now. Get fluttering / humming now and again but mainly only when I think about it. Things will get better if you just accept it, it should go away.

ronnijade
07-06-17, 12:03
I've gotten used to the high pitched ringing I faintly hear on a day to day basis BUT this humming in my right ear ONLY at night/when I first wake up is really distressing. I'm physically having difficulty sleeping now and can only get it to stop by listening to music on my phone placed under my pillow (and affected ear).

I know tinnitus isn't dangerous or anything but I'm starting to think it could be an ear infection or something? Are you suuuure a feeling of fullness + a deep set hum only at night would be tinnitus? That said I'm not in any pain or anything, just feeling rather uncomfortable