PDA

View Full Version : Advice on anxiety excersises

Beaubishop
05-06-17, 16:48
Hi there.
I'm a festival trader working from a large stall, built using metal bars and a large tarpaulin. This essentially is a huuuuge parachute with metal legs attached to it. I've been working in this job for seven years now and I know I have put the stall up to the best of my ability. There have been occasions in extreme weather conditions that the wind has picked up the stall and flipped it. I've developed a fear of this and even though I'm sure the stall will be fine here at the festival I am currently at , I become incredibly anxious with the slightest gust and feel almost like having a panic attack when very windy. Are there any excersises I can go through to calm me? As there are weather apps awnings for the next few days and I'm very worried. Thanks x

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Just a tad more detail about stresses in the environment. I'm next to a race track with screeching cars Also a busy airfield with low flying plains and due to the sight not being ready yet there are diggers all over the place.

braindead
05-06-17, 17:52
you have to be a certain type of person to do those jobs , there are no exercises to cover gales and extreme weather. if you loose your bottle walk away:shades:

steve_p
07-06-17, 01:53
What might help is to write down the actual likelihood of this happening. For example, how many times has this happened when you were there over the last 7 years? Even if it's 5 times, 5 times out of the probably hundreds of times you've been at work makes it very unlikely to occur. This mathematical fact alone can help you to put things into a healthier perspective.