PDA

View Full Version : Coming off Citolapram 40mg

pollynewsome
05-06-17, 16:43
Hello. So I've decided to come off Citolapram because it is no longer helping. I've been on it for about 14 months. The last month I have decreased from 40 to 30. I think I'm ready to drop to 20mg.. bit nervous but sure I will be ok. Any success stories off coming of cit are welcome x

panic_down_under
05-06-17, 21:49
So I've decided to come off Citolapram because it is no longer helping.

If the intention is to try something else then it would be better to switch directly to the new med rather than weaning off citalopram first. A washout period is only required for the old MAOI class antidepressants.

Mermaid16
05-06-17, 23:31
Hi! I have just tapered off Sertraline. I was on 100mg and am now down to my last 6mg (which is nothing, I should probably just jump off at zero now). I cut by a quarter every two weeks. So 100, 75, 50, 25, 12.5, 6 I found this was the easiest way to do it. I still had some heightened anxiety on a couple of days and was a bit tearful some days, but overall, it wasn't really that bad. If you can take your time, sometimes, this isn't possible. I take other anti d's (mirtazapine and Nortriptalyne) so my withdrawal may not have been as bad. Good luck. xx

pollynewsome
06-06-17, 14:13
Thanks guys. I have no intension of trying anything else. I just want to see how I feel without any Ads.. I can't feel worse than I do.. no energy.. no motivation .. overweight.. Exhausted.. The need to get a satisfying breath has never gone and that's why I was prescribed cit. I guess I may feel more human with out it. Thanks again.xx

karenp
06-06-17, 15:58
I came off it 3 times and each time, I was fine. I just relapsed again after about 9 months so kept finishing up back on antidepressants but I had no withdrawal from the Citalopram xxx

pollynewsome
06-06-17, 17:14
Thanks Karenp. Fingers crossed i can do it. X