PDA

View Full Version : 'Phantom' aches and pains - anxiety symptoms or real cause for concern?

braginskaya
05-06-17, 16:50
So, for what feels like ages now I've been getting small aches and pains all over my body (usually in the abdomen or legs, but also in my arms and chest). It's a dull twinge that comes and goes intermittently, usually only in one spot at a time - not enough to cause any serious discomfort or physical impairment, but enough to notice and worry about.

I've been to the GP about it and he reckons it's muscle cramps caused by anxiety as I only started noticing them after an accumulation of general life stressors sent my anxiety levels rocketing, which in turn has made me worry even more about the physical symptoms of stress. I'm still concerned about it though as it's still happening (though not as often as before I had some reassurance from the doctor), and I keep convincing myself it could be anything from a heart condition to cancer to a blood clot or a ruptured organ.

Does anyone else have any similar experiences of this? Do you think it's nothing to worry about, or should I seek a second opinion?

maianixon
05-06-17, 20:48
I've been getting a ton of random aches on my arms and legs in the past few weeks, sometimes they're really bad sometimes not as much and they've been making me anxious but my GP also says its just anxiety with no real explanation why or how it happens, I guess it's just another one of strange and annoying anxiety things

BazB44
05-06-17, 22:40
I think all of us here at NMP have some form of fibromyalgia lol. Some doctors think fibro is all "in the head"....some don't. But if it is, there's our answer.