PDA

View Full Version : I need help

poppyxx
05-06-17, 17:17
So I made a thread about a week ago about chest pains and that but my anxiety is getting the best of me. Can someone please help reassure me?

I'm only 17, no heart disease runs in the family or any heart problems, I'll admit, I don't have the best diet however I'm not overweight and I do physical exercise in work so I make up for it.

About 2 weeks ago I started getting chest pain of a morning and of a night, not bad and it'd only last for approximately half an hour..if that. I didn't mind at first however I started to really worry and took the day off work..ended up thinking about it all day and researching and got myself in A&E. This was exactly a week ago today. The only symptom I had when I was in the car going to A&E was chest pain however when I was sitting in A&E I got left arm pain and back pain which haven't left after a week. I got an ECG which came back normal, however heart rate was a bit high but apparently that was normal as I was panicking and crying my eyes out :blush:
I got blood tests in which they screened for teenage heart conditions and that also came back fine!

So basically I've had the chest, arm and back pain for a week now...the chest pain has improved and isn't constant neither are the arm or the back pains which I feel all are improving however I'm scared. I research this all day I spend most of my time on forums reading through people going through the same.

I've just read something that said a month before someone had a heart attack they had back pain and the doctor gave them painkillers!! What if it's something waiting to happen???

I'm crying writing this now I'm only 17 I shouldn't be worrying but I can't help it because I just feel like it's something wrong even though I'm constantly being reassured..What should I do? I'm ruining my life.

Things that help the pain are:
Showers/Baths
Hot water bottle
Paracetamol actually got rid of the pain for a while yesterday.

I'm going out my mind. I've booked a doctors appointment to speak to a doctor but I'm just so worried.

Can an ecg and blood tests be unreliable?

Thanks for reading

Fishmanpa
05-06-17, 17:20
When you go to the doctor, please show him/her your post and speak to them about your anxiety. There are no red flags concerning your heart.

Positive thoughts

braginskaya
05-06-17, 17:27
Chest pains can be a symptom of anxiety, so there's a very real possibility that worrying about it could be making it worse. I'd recommend explaining to your GP that you've had tests that came back clear, but that you're still really worried - they may be able to treat the anxiety, which could help the problem go away too.