PDA

View Full Version : Help (blinking and breathing notice :O)

Jamil
05-06-17, 18:41
I have been feeling really down and anxious lately. i keep on concentrating on my breathing and blinking its really bugging me. it's been really hard to sleep. Also, i keep on thinking 'is life real' and then i calm myself down saying 'of course its real, its just your head'. I try do to that with the breathing & blinking but its not helping.. please just someone help. (i might be anxious because i have more exams tomorrow and on thursday/friday i have my walking expedition where i have to camp and i really hate camping)

Please give me advice. thank you.

Juggar
06-06-17, 08:15
Yeah man I know how you feel. After I had my first anxiety attack i got the breathing and blinking thing/ OCD. The attack just caught me so off guard i just didn't know what to do. I guess I started focusing on my breathing to get my mind off of the main anxiety.

I too have trouble sleeping but it does always come, I just get lost in my thoughts and the sleep comes on.

I think you are temporarily stressed over exams and that trip. Just know you'll get through it and the anxiety will subside.

All I can say about the breathing awareness is that you have to just be at peace with it and then it'll loose power. I'm still aware of my breathing daily and it's sucks but you'll always breath, its automatic. I've heard CBT can help with it.