PDA

View Full Version : Ups and Downs with Citalopram

Ethansmom
05-06-17, 20:35
Is this normal. I feel good for a few days and then I get a few days of anxiety where I feel kind of panicky? I've been at 40MG for just over 5 weeks now. I hope my brain can start to settle down soon.

I've noticed it's worse during times of stress, or during that time of the month. Ladies-- do you experience more anxiety during that TOM.

panic_down_under
05-06-17, 21:55
Is this normal. I feel good for a few days and then I get a few days of anxiety where I feel kind of panicky?

The one step forward, followed by twp back roller-coaster is fairly common as antidepressants begin to kick-in. The good hours/days gradually become more numerous over a week or two until settling down to 24/7.

Ethansmom
09-06-17, 17:42
Thank you panic down under. I'm officially at 6 weeks of 40 MG of Citalopram. I am still needing the clonazepam (2mg). Some days I feel like I don't need the second dose, other days i'm counting down until I take the next dose. Why is this?

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

I should add that it hasn't completely gotten rid of my anxiety. Should I wait it out for another month or so?

snowghost57
09-06-17, 17:44
I tried the mediation train and jumped off. The switching of drugs, the increase of doses on and on and on. I cope without meds. You know what I had a bad morning. Ok so I fell into my thoughts, but now its time to pull myself back up by my boot straps and get on with life.

panic_down_under
09-06-17, 22:54
I should add that it hasn't completely gotten rid of my anxiety. Should I wait it out for another month or so?

I'd give it another 2-3 weeks. If there is no dramatic improvement within that time I think you and your doctor should consider other options.

Sage579
10-06-17, 05:18
It can take 6-8 weeks the funny thing is when you hit the point were your not counting the days and kinda forget about it is when it is working