PDA

View Full Version : Terrified it might actually be bowel cancer this time please read

dnf03
05-06-17, 22:00
Hi folks
Been a while since I posted on here
Had anxiety for years and years now in various forms and convinced myself I've had many things wrong with me over the years all based on pain mostly but this is the most scared I've been
Let me 1st say I've had one symptoms for 10+ years at least but this is different

It started about 21 months ago when I woke with terrible lower abdominal pain about 2-3" below the belly button,very painfull full cramping pain that would come in waves,this lasted about 4-5 days then went away
It seems to effect my bladder and bowel with frequent urination(actually felt painful i side pushing the urine out)wind and passing small amounts of mucus
This happened every 3-4 months each time lasting about 4 days before going back to normal
I've had slight pain in upper left abdomen and lower left but tbh I've had abdominal pain in various places my whole adult life it seems

Fast forward to the other week,woke up early e pain thought great another flare up of whatever this is except this time with the pain,wind,mucus there was blood,maroon sticky blood it seemed not alot just a bit over abit of stool
Doc done blood test(fine apart from slightly raised alt from fatty liver which has shown before (lower than last time)
Occult stool sample was fine also
That was about 2 weeks ago no sign of blood again but still having mild pain right down in lower abdo
Doc also checked for hemarroids and fissure said couldn't feel anything
I got a referral for a colonoscopy after about a week of seeing the doc which just freaked me out even more
I'm only 35

nomorepanic
05-06-17, 22:05
Have they mentioned IBS as well?

The colonoscopy is the best way to show what is going on so good luck with that.

dnf03
05-06-17, 22:20
Sorry forgot to mention that my stools haven't changed much
No diarrhea or constipation really
My stools change alot but that's not new,some days it's perfect,sometimes ribbons,slithers,sludge I haven't noticed any long term change
I'm regular though 2-3 times a day you could probably set a watch too

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

Have they mentioned IBS as well?

The colonoscopy is the best way to show what is going on so good luck with that.

Sorry it meant to say I've had IBS symptoms for 10+ years
Wouldn't be so freaked but for the sticky blood

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Forgot to say no weightloss(actually gained abit recently :-( )
Been stressed the last couple of months and now my anxiety is off the charts

Been having lots of gas,bloating and gurgling sounds

nomorepanic
05-06-17, 22:20
You could have diverticular (small holes in the bowel wall) and these can bleed.

I get blood sometimes and I don't have cancer but I do have diverticular.

dnf03
05-06-17, 22:29
I told the Dr that would rather have a flexible sigmoidoscopy,CT scan,barium scan etc
I don't think I could go through with a colonoscopy,I'm terrified of being sedated especially awake
I keep telling myself I would be more ill after nearly 2 years and have low iron etc in bloodwork