PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety and panic attacks

thecurefanforever❤
06-06-17, 00:52
Hi I have only just joined tonight. I have suffered with health anxiety for the past six years and have been having panic attacksfor about a year now. I used to have Councelling but it didn't really help. The therapist was worried I was about how much I weighed and questioned me about my eating habits instead of helping me with the problem.i was there for. I'm.now currently waiting for medication from the doctor but not having Councelling yet as its hard to find one where I live that doesn't cost a fortune looking forward to speaking to people have had similiar problems on here :yesyes:

venusbluejeans
06-06-17, 00:58
Hiya thecurefanforever❤ and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
09-06-17, 16:25
Good morning thecurefanforever❤. I understand where you are coming from, I myself have suffered from health anxiety and panic for a long time. Sometimes it feels like the counselor is going in the wrong direction. But the thing is, hopefully they are being a sounding board for your problems. I've always believed that a counselor/therapist job is mainly to listen. I've had good ones and bad ones over the years.

My main point is to tell you is be proactive in getting better. Besides the medication or counseling do your own research in finding ways to overcome our shared illness. Because what works for me, may not work for you. I know all too well how challenging panic and health anxiety can be. Do your best, love yourself flaws and all, and continue to use the resources and testimonies here at NMP. Best to you thecurefanforever❤.