PDA

View Full Version : Muscles twitching when used halfway?

Willa
06-06-17, 12:14
Hi all, I'm new here but a long time HA sufferer. I've been going through a real bout of it lately. I've managed to conquer most of my current worries just by reading through this forum. But I'm currently having a terrible time with this one, which even to me, sounds nutty.

I've realised that when I use some of my muscles halfway, they tremble. For instance, my nose. At rest, it's fine. Scrunched all the way up, it's fine. But if I try to raise it halfway it trembles like crazy. My mouth is sort of the same, but to a lesser degree. I have no idea if this has always been the case, or whether it's new. My logical mind is asking myself why I'm forcing my body to produce weird mannerisms, as these are not natural positions. Buuuut my HA mind won't let it go. Anyone experienced this same thing?

saf138
06-06-17, 13:03
Lol that nose thing happens to me too I cant believe I just tried it are you messing with us Willa? I'm only joking you're going to have everyone trying it now and I'm sure its perfectly normal just dont make a habit out of doing that nose thing. All the best

Fishmanpa
06-06-17, 13:18
My logical mind is asking myself why I'm forcing my body to produce weird mannerisms, as these are not natural positions. Buuuut...

There are no "buuuuts" ;) That's exactly why. With respect... I imagine it's rather humorous to see someone doing that :)

Positive thoughts

FreakOutQueen
06-06-17, 19:05
It happens to me with my lips all the time and drives me crazy :(

Willa
06-06-17, 22:13
Thanks for the reassurance guys :-) I know it's a strange worry, there's no logic when I'm like this. I went the last few years with no sign of HA, and then boom. My daughter and I both had eye issues (real ones, not imagined ;)) and I started spiralling. After a very important appointment with a doctor yesterday that came back clear of anything sinister, I'm making a real effort to get back on track. So thanks again for your help :-)

---------- Post added at 07:13 ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 ----------

It happens to me with my lips all the time and drives me crazy :(

Yes, it's quite a weird sensation once you discover it, isn't it? Here's hoping it can stop driving both of us crazy!

MyNameIsTerry
06-06-17, 22:52
Holding a muscle at an in between point puts more stress on it.

If you trained with weights and read about different forms of training you would come across it as a way to train muscles harder. I used to do it and I guarantee you it is far harder than simply moving from start to end position.

Willa
11-06-17, 00:37
So I checked with my partner, and turns out his nose does the same thing. But I've since discovered that my lips do it too. And just today I'm finding that I can't shut my eyelids without them shaking. I'm thinking this is possibly an anxiety thing as it sometimes happens when I'm trying to sleep and am too wind up. But this is the first I've noticed it during the day. Anyone experience this?

BazB44
11-06-17, 02:38
I get terrified if my muscles twitch during or after use. I hear that BFS twitching is only at rest. So when I do pushups or stretch out my arms, and then right after they twitch....it terrifies me.