PDA

View Full Version : Shooting pains in the back of the head when leaning or coughing

jhopley
06-06-17, 19:04
Shooting pains in the back of the head when leaning or coughing - The doctor seems to think this is in relation to muscle tension.

Does anyone else suffer from this? It's by far the most unpleasant symptom I have.

lostlucy
07-06-17, 01:14
Hiya , I am also struggling with similar stuff at the mo , my neck and shoulders are so tense its causing my face to have numbness and tingling and and my throat goes tight then I get shooting pains in my head and neck and feels like no postiton makes it feel better ! horrible !

your not alone ! ;) xx

---------- Post added at 01:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:58 ----------

its all just muscle tension for sure xx
ive had health anxiety for almost 10 years on and off a realllyyyy good book is either "panic away or DARE both by barry McDonough he is amazing has helped me so much xx

jhopley
07-06-17, 08:38
Have you got any clue on what it is causing it?

lostlucy
07-06-17, 10:32
Hi Hun , yeah definitely just anxiety causing tension and tension causing anxiety it's a viscous cycle ! The tension causes pains the pains make you anxious the anxiety causes tension which causes pain !

Try and take the fear of the pain out of the equasion and then you will relax . Easier said than done though , the pains feel so scary but its nothing that can harm you just muscle strain! Have a hot bath with lavender drink some camomile tea and trust me read DARE x if you haven't already it will help you massively !

My neck is killing me today and I'm tense because I get anxious about pain an then the thoughts come like "what if the tension causes a heart attack etc.." Sounds so stupid but you really believe it . I have massages at work all day today to so I was having anxiety attacks last night about not being able to go to work lol bloody nightmare sometimes !

I get scared my neck and head is going to spasm or something chiropractors release it really well so I am going l book in you should try that x

Is the shooting pain coming from that bit at the bAck where your neck joins your head ? X

jhopley
07-06-17, 10:52
Yea it comes from top of my neck down my shoulders but i also get pain on my actual head at the back on the right-hand side that's where it hurts when i lean over or a cough.

Have you had pains when you lean and cough?

I did a youtube video explaining all my symptoms just to kinda get it out and give me a little relief and hopefully others to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX39AOlCBcQ

lostlucy
07-06-17, 20:58
Absolutely amazing video honey , I just posted it on my Facebook page , I can relate to every word ! Every symptom !

I'm actually sat here now with the shooting pains in my head and neck an my shoulders are so tense it makes me short of breath !

When I'm at work if I'm on reception all day in the spa it takes me 2 days to recover and so anxious and panicky!

Did you look at them books I said about I honestly think DARE will be really good for you it really helps with te anxiety and teaches you to like ride the wave of panic when your at work or whatever . It can be so hard and from my point of view as someone who has had it on and off for10 years I think you are doing really well already ,

It will be gone before you know it x x

jhopley
07-06-17, 22:25
Thank's Lucy I am going to order it now. Can't tell you how good it is to hear that someone has the same symptoms i have been going through. I have just inboxed you back btw :)

lostlucy
08-06-17, 00:02
You are welcome x

Ordering that book is the best thing you will ever do x it will give you your life back xx