PDA

View Full Version : Scared I have tetanus!!!

Hypochondriac101
06-06-17, 23:16
I am really worried that I have tetanus. I stepped on a rusty nail on my deck, and about a week later my neck was stiff. It went away, but then came back and hurt for about 5 days. It's gone now but I am still really worried. Could I have tetanus? My last tetanus shot was about 7 years ago.

Melonpony
07-06-17, 05:15
Tetanus shots last 10 years. I say you're fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

paranoid-viking
08-06-17, 01:17
Hmmm....I have stepped on a lot of things barefooted over the years. Never ocurred to me that I might get tetanus. I mean; HOW COMMON is it to get tetanus by stepping on things? Do you actually know anyone with tetanus? Not me.

vincy
09-06-17, 19:09
Hmmm....I have stepped on a lot of things barefooted over the years. Never ocurred to me that I might get tetanus. I mean; HOW COMMON is it to get tetanus by stepping on things? Do you actually know anyone with tetanus? Not me.

I don't remember the stat off the top of my head, but it is RARE. Very rare. Though, since it was a rusty outdoor nail, I'd go see a medical professional because that certainly doesn't help. Better safe than sorry with things like tetanus.

Leelee3
10-07-17, 19:41
Did you survive? I'm going through the same thing! I have been barefootin' for my whole life but a couple of days ago I stepped on a rusty nail that went straight through my shoe! Hope you are okay, I'm sure you are.

Hypochondriac101
18-01-18, 07:47
Yep, I’m all good. Just a regular stiff neck and some severe anxiety!