PDA

View Full Version : Sort of an anxiety I guess..to do with The Pill

Charlottie
08-05-07, 19:45
What counts as a missed pill?
I only just started the pill [combined, Microgynon 30] but 2 days I have taken it 2/3 hours later than my "alloted time" does that count as missed?
I know to use condoms as well but eh I just worry like mad that something will go wrong, you know what it's like. So can please just someone answer if they would count as missed pills? Also they weren't consecutive days if that counts towards anything.

liss
08-05-07, 19:53
hi charlottie
i used to take the pill when i woke up which did vary by a couple of hours on different days i used to worry too but for me it was ok hope this helps

Charlottie
08-05-07, 20:01
Thanks!
I think I just don't trust it haha

Scarlett77
08-05-07, 20:15
Hi Charlottie,

I can only speak from personal experience obviously, but i reckon you should be fine. In the past, i've been 5 or 6 hours late taking the pill once or twice, and it's always still worked fine for me. If you're going to use extra protection as well, then i'd say there's nothing to worry about. Hope this helps a bit, take care,

Scarlett x

Charlottie
08-05-07, 20:17
Thankyou, just wanted to put my mind at rest else I think I'd go nuts with worry. I should remember to take it dead on time from now on, I set an alarm on my phone haha :D

nomorepanic
08-05-07, 20:28
If you are talking about the mini pill then I was advised to take it within 3 hours of the usual time.

After those 3 hours you need to use extra protection.

Charlottie
08-05-07, 20:28
Also once, the first time I took it a few hours late I dropped it in my drink so I like drank my drink until I could take the pill out of it and try swallowing it but I'm worried that the pill would have dissolved into my pop, although it looked whole when I got it out. o.O Oh lord, my mind.

Charlottie
08-05-07, 20:29
Nono it's the combined one. Microgynon 30.

nomorepanic
08-05-07, 21:26
ahh ok well you will be fine for up to 12 hours I believe then

Charlottie
08-05-07, 21:32
Thankyou!

jill
09-05-07, 08:40
Hi Charlotie

You will be just fine hun.

Try and take the pill at the same time every day, a time when you know you are going to be home, I used to take mine in the morning and would always have a pack in by bag just in case I stayed out at my freinds, nothing worse when you stay out and you know you have to take it BUT its at home.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX