PDA

View Full Version : Worried again

purplewitch
07-06-17, 06:04
So recently I have been taking Bactrim for a UTI (which they found a mild MRSA in,hence giving me a sulfa drug I presume.) Anywho,I have been taking it for 5 days. I'm planning on going to the doctor tomorrow to stop taking this drug because I'm itching and burning all over,I didn't take the drug today because I KNOW its causing this itching feeling-even my mom is allergic to sulfa-based drugs. However,my problem right now is that,I don't want this to be the beginning of something serious- such as Steven Johnsons Syndrome. I don't want to take this drug anymore out of fear that something serious is going to happen if I keep taking it.

I've done some looking up on dr google and it says that Bactrim takes 3 days to flush out of your system.

Is SJS something that happens even if you stop taking the drug? I know I say that I'm scared a lot but honestly I'm getting very very upset and I keep looking at SJS and its making me really scared.

StephA
07-06-17, 13:12
I think this is a question for the doctor. We aren't qualified to answer when SJS would occur. I told you my sister's experience in a different post. She started itching on the second day, and getting blisters on the third day of taking it IF I remember correctly. She was very lucky her doctor saw it and took the correct measures to help her. I don't remember exactly what was done because it was several years ago, and personally I think you need to consult your doctor and stop googling!! Your mom is allergic so it's very possible that you could be too. You could just have a sensitivity/allergy, but that doesn't mean it's SJS. This is why you should see a doctor so they can sort it out! The sooner the better IMO. Good luck and keep us posted.