PDA

View Full Version : cymbalta gross taper

braindead
07-06-17, 10:18
the shrink has put me on 60mg Cymbalta and i am coming off pregabalin 300mg i was on at various levels for 10 weeks, how long do you think i need to taper the pregabalin after 10 weeks, the 2 meds togeather at the moment do my head in i need to get down to just Cymbalta /// pregabalin did F.A:shrug:

panic_down_under
07-06-17, 12:51
how long do you think i need to taper the pregabalin after 10 weeks

With a bit of luck there will be few withdrawal issues, but to avoid the small potential risk for triggering seizures I suggest dropping the dose by 50mg every 3 days, easing it to 25mg cuts if it becomes difficult. The main problem could be deciding what symptoms are from quitting pregabalin and which are duloxetine side-effects.

braindead
07-06-17, 13:52
:yesyes:
With a bit of luck there will be few withdrawal issues, but to avoid the small potential risk for triggering seizures I suggest dropping the dose by 50mg every 3 days, easing it to 25mg cuts if it becomes difficult. The main problem could be deciding what symptoms are from quitting pregabalin and which are duloxetine side-effects.
thanks shrinks always drag out the taper , she wanted 2 weeks at 200mg and 2 weeks at 100mg 1 month taper ,??? missing out the 50mg which i thought wrong

panic_down_under
07-06-17, 22:41
:yesyes:
thanks shrinks always drag out the taper , she wanted 2 weeks at 200mg and 2 weeks at 100mg 1 month taper ,??? missing out the 50mg which i thought wrong

Well, I did recommend what I thought was the fastest taper you could handle given you wanted off asap. Her priority would have been different. If the pregabalin-duloxetine wasn't "doing your head in" I would have nominated a slower taper, though still with 50mg cuts rather than 100mg.

braindead
08-06-17, 09:51
Well, I did recommend what I thought was the fastest taper you could handle given you wanted off asap. Her priority would have been different. If the pregabalin-duloxetine wasn't "doing your head in" I would have nominated a slower taper, though still with 50mg cuts rather than 100mg.
IT is doing my head in the first week was ok but towards the end of the second it went down hill fast I am on 50MG twice a day now but i wont keep to her plan of 2 weeks i will drop to 50mg in a day or 2 then off. I been on Cymbalta just over 2 weeks how long do the shrinks wait to increase:shrug:

panic_down_under
08-06-17, 12:38
I been on Cymbalta just over 2 weeks how long do the shrinks wait to increase

60mg is the standard duloxetine dose so I assume your shrink will want you to stay on it for a while to see whether it's enough to do the trick.

braindead
08-06-17, 17:19
60mg is the standard duloxetine dose so I assume your shrink will want you to stay on it for a while to see whether it's enough to do the trick.
yes she has given me a script for 3 months and its Cymbalta:yesyes: not the generic

MyNameIsTerry
08-06-17, 17:28
yes she has given me a script for 3 months and its Cymbalta:yesyes: not the generic

Same as me then. :yesyes:

braindead
08-06-17, 18:21
:bighug1:
Same as me then. :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

terry are you on 120mg how long was you on 60mg:shades:i have a nasty taper to put up with lyrica to Cymbalta both bad for constipation, my bum is on fire when i finally go

panic_down_under
08-06-17, 23:06
i have a nasty taper to put up with lyrica to Cymbalta both bad for constipation, my bum is on fire when i finally go

Ask your chemist/pharmacist about stool softeners.

MyNameIsTerry
09-06-17, 02:04
:bighug1:

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

terry are you on 120mg how long was you on 60mg:shades:i have a nasty taper to put up with lyrica to Cymbalta both bad for constipation, my bum is on fire when i finally go

I stayed on the 60mg, Brian. To be honest, it made my anxiety so much worse for a very long time there was no way I would have allowed an increase. But that's just my experience.

I didn't really get much constipation with it. The 30mg was just like when I went straight onto 20mg cit in terms of some of the side effects but the increase to 60mg is where the anxiety ramped up big time for me. Any constipation I had was more likely due to having so much muscular tension I was struggling just to piss!

I thought it would give me bad insomnia, like the Cit did, but I was surprised to see no change to my sleep despite the massive ramp up in my anxiety when awake. Meds are such a minefield!

braindead
09-06-17, 10:12
Ask your chemist/pharmacist about stool softeners.

prune juice

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

I stayed on the 60mg, Brian. To be honest, it made my anxiety so much worse for a very long time there was no way I would have allowed an increase. But that's just my experience.

I didn't really get much constipation with it. The 30mg was just like when I went straight onto 20mg cit in terms of some of the side effects but the increase to 60mg is where the anxiety ramped up big time for me. Any constipation I had was more likely due to having so much muscular tension I was struggling just to piss!

I thought it would give me bad insomnia, like the Cit did, but I was surprised to see no change to my sleep despite the massive ramp up in my anxiety when awake. Meds are such a minefield! So your anxiety has stabilized now terry. That is my main illness but it leads to depression, the muscles in my bum are ramped up thats why the pain. to be honest i have used all the main stream meds , and apparently, i did well on Cymbalta many years ago at 120mg i dont even remember its that long ago. all the ssri only work for 2-3 weeks on me now, that why i am on snri but i didnt want effexor:shades:

braindead
15-06-17, 17:10
is 21 days long enough for a cross taper from Pregabalin to Cymbalta started on my hopefully therapeutic dose of Cymbalta 60MG went from 300mg pregabalin was on 450mg but dropped it 3 weeks before. i have now got down to 50mg pregabalin i want off fast constipation on pregabalin is brutal i am drinking pints of prune juice :sofa:

braindead
23-06-17, 17:58
terry how is your anxiety now , last post you said at 60mg Cymbalta you get ramped up, surely you dont take a med that leaves you with anxiety or has time leveled that out. i am entering my 5th week Cymbalta at 60mg but i had a cross taper added to that only 4 days on Cymbalta solo. I must say i don't feel great blurred vision, nausea and general tiredness ,any info will help:wacko: