PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Mimicking Cardiac Issues

KconleyK
07-06-17, 16:17
Hello Everyone,

New to the site, just looking for a support, suggestions, and to see others experiences.

Very long story short, I have a 5 1/2 year old daughter, who I have primary custody of. She visits her mom at her Grandparents house every other weekend, her mom cannot drive her and her grandparents have to supervise the entire visit. Her mom doesn't help support her financially at all, so I am a true single dad struggling with money and all the issues my daughters mom causes.

I've written a ton of side effects off to stress or anxiety but the other day it got out of hand so I went to Right Time (an emergency doctors office, not a primary doctor but not an ER either). I had a weird feeling in my chest (left side of chest on side not front of chest), weird feeling in left arm and down to left wrist. It was a pain that hurt, it was just a dull numbness type feeling. More annoying then anything. However when I got to Right Time they made me do an EKG and said they saw something weird and sent me to hospital. 45 minutes later the hospital did an EKG and it was fine, they saw no issues, they also did blood work and xrays, and could find nothing wrong.

Below are the symptoms I have.

1) Dull pain on the left side of my chest, on the side not the front of my body, weird dull senstation in my left forearm and wrist, and same dull feeling in the bottom part of my left jaw.
2) Can't concentrate - I don't feel light headed but I feel hazy a lot of the time, I can be having a one on one conversation with someone and my mind is a million miles away and I don't feel there in the moment if that makes sense. I will respond to the people and what I say to them makes sense, but after the conversation I feel hazy about what we even talked about.
Shorter Temper - I don't ever yell or anything but I'll snap at Taylor, if I am working from home and she asks me a question while I am writing an email I'll snap at her very quickly for no reason, and I've never done that before.
3) I feel nervous or restless a lot
4) I seem to have had zero energy over the last two months
5) I sleep horribly
6) Once I start thinking about my symptoms, I can't focus on anything else, every little twinge or feeling in my body I over analyze and over focus on
7) My ears constantly feel like I am on an airplane
8) Something called deperonlaziation - which as I read makes you feel like you are watching yourself, which is so hard to describe when I've tried to tell people what I mean
9) Constant pulsing headache on sides of my head above my ears
10) Feeling of Doom - this comes and goes frequently but I focus on something bad happening. Never thoughts of hurting myself or others but constant What IFs with things with Taylor or if what would happen to her if something happens to me etc.

I've been scared it was a cardiac/heart issue but now I am thinking it's stress/anxiety. I am currently on wellbutrin but a therapist thinks I should try lexapro instead.

Has anyone else experienced this? or the symptoms I have that mimic heart issues?

Then I turn to google and think I am dying. Just looking for support or advice from someone else who may experience this. I am finding it hard to concentrate and feel hazy.