PDA

View Full Version : Please help

CantonaKing
08-06-17, 11:39
Hi,
I have very bad health anxiety, for which I am seeing a therapist at the moment.
I woke up this morning to see that a little bit of the side of my tongue was really white.
Automatically, I feared the worse, thinking it was mouth cancer and googling symptoms.
I then remembered I burned my mouth on a slice of pizza, so maybe that was it?
I went to the pharmacists and he looked at it and said it is a blister and gave me a liquid to put on it.
If it is a blister, I've never had one on my tongue before.
Is it common?
I can't stop worrying myself about it.
Thanks.

Benjammin69
08-06-17, 12:12
Hi hope your well... if you want to google something called 'pizza burn' it is a well known saying and it is very painful. Basically when you bite in to a pizza too hot the cheese, etc burns the roof of your mouth and tongue. No cancer just pizza burn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CantonaKing
08-06-17, 12:17
Thanks, I know - but it along the side of my tongue and is white, not red?
Just terrified.

Fishmanpa
08-06-17, 13:03
Thanks, I know - but it along the side of my tongue and is white, not red?
Just terrified.

Because the inside of your mouth is moist/wet. Ever get a cut or burn on your skin wet? Looks different right? ;)

Positive thoughts

CantonaKing
08-06-17, 13:12
So you don't think it is mouth or tongue cancer?
I really shouldn't google symptoms...

jhopley
08-06-17, 18:33
It will be dead skin it's happened to me numerous times - it will eventually peal off i guess.

CantonaKing
09-06-17, 11:11
Just been to the doctors, he said it is a burn and definitley not cancerous.
But now when I lift my tongue up, it feels tight - and now im worrying about that! :weep:

jhopley
09-06-17, 11:19
You have been arsing around with you tongue worry about nothing so it's probably sore messing around with it

CantonaKing
09-06-17, 12:21
Thanks, I appreciate that - but I mean at the front of my mouth, under the tongue, it feels tight when I lift my tongue up.