PDA

View Full Version : Still Waiting For Therapy...

Bigboyuk
08-06-17, 12:15
I have been told it could be months away I mean how are you supposed to cope in the mean time?? I know many of us are waiting so I am not alone on this by a long score but it sucks (: Cheers

Benjammin69
08-06-17, 12:16
Hi big boy uk you waiting for the NHS? Or private? Also where in uk are you based? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigboyuk
08-06-17, 12:24
Hi big boy uk you waiting for the NHS? Or private? Also where in uk are you based? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Hi Benjammin69! NHS Therapy Iam based in Stoke On Trent :) Cheers

Benjammin69
08-06-17, 12:32
Hi mate look at this website

Www.insighthealthcare.org

See whether you can do that? I applied last week and got a call within24 hours but because I'm seeing a psychiatrist and I'm doing private therapy they can't take me on

Bigboyuk
08-06-17, 12:39
Hi mate look at this website

Www.insighthealthcare.org (http://Www.insighthealthcare.org)

See whether you can do that? I applied last week and got a call within24 hours but because I'm seeing a psychiatrist and I'm doing private therapy they can't take me on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Hi mate had a look and the nearest is Derby I actually prefer face to face therapy which is the one I have opted for though. A luxury going private if only I could afford it ahh. Where are you based mate? Cheers

Benjammin69
08-06-17, 12:53
Based in Kent mate I do private at£45 I thought they could strange face to face? Telephony may help the ball rolling? I've done both

KK77
08-06-17, 14:30
Sorry you're having to wait so long Bigboy. You've worked hard trying to make contacts and arrange meet-ups on here and therapy is something that shouldn't be a luxury in a "developed" country such as our own. Do you take any meds? Might help take edge off anxiety and improve mood in meantime...

Bigboyuk
08-06-17, 15:15
Sorry you're having to wait so long Bigboy. You've worked hard trying to make contacts and arrange meet-ups on here and therapy is something that shouldn't be a luxury in a "developed" country such as our own. Do you take any meds? Might help take edge off anxiety and improve mood in meantime... Hey Thanks KK Appreciate your comments I certainly have, and it shouldn't be allowed to take that long the actual process is very tedious at times and many hurdles have to be jumped what with ignorant Gp's which I think should be given more training on MH conditions as I personally know what it's like trying to get help and I am not the only one to say that either. Used to be on meds don't think I want to really go back on them though. Once again thanks :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
08-06-17, 16:09
When I was in this process my provider said 3 months. Sadly I've heard that many times. Some are far longer though, some still over 12 months which defeats the reason IAPT was even introduced.

I agree with you, Dave, waiting was hell. Sadly until the NHS catches up for mental health it's something we are stuck enduring.

KeeKee
08-06-17, 21:48
I had an assessment yesterday and was told the waiting time in my area is 6-8 months!

lesliehanson
13-08-17, 20:27
WHAT???? Why it (http://ausopen.club) is so long??

Bigboyuk
14-08-17, 16:12
WHAT???? Why it (http://ausopen.club) is so long??Hi It could be many reasons, A back log of more people being refered by their Gp's, not enough funding, more trained therapists need etc but for the people that need it they maybe not getting better and so desperately need help.
So mental health charities do help to lower the pressure but it's not really making much of a difference IMHO stats show 1 in 4 people get some form of MH condition in their life time it's very sad. Cheers

pulisa
14-08-17, 19:26
I had to wait 2 and a half years for mine.

Bigboyuk
14-08-17, 20:01
I had to wait 2 and a half years for mine. That is outrageous pulisa What was their excuse?:huh:

pulisa
14-08-17, 20:43
No excuse. Too many people and not enough therapists. I do think that too many people are being referred for therapy these days which clogs up the system for those who really need help.

MyNameIsTerry
14-08-17, 21:58
Different regions, Different levels. In my CCG it was 3 months for L3 when I went some years ago. L2 was supposed to be 30 days to be seen. L4 still was a year, as it was before the L2&3 services were brought in to reduce the waits.

Here's the funny thing, you would think London would be great as it's the only place in the UK that matters. Sadly, London can be one of the worst for mental health treatment with L4's not even taking anxiety & depression patients and L2&3 barely in existence.